March 03, 2009

Simple Little Things

Happy Tuesday blogworld! Although it was 3 degrees outside this morning, and we still have snow on the ground, I am feeling chipper and hopeful that spring is right around the corner! (Hey, a girl can hope, right?)
The layout of this card is one I use frequently. I call it my "go-to" sketch. I first used it here for a Halloween card in 2007. I know most folks like to start with a sketch, or a color combo, or even a stamp set and go from there, and they'll stick to that. But I use all three (and more) and never begin a card the same way. It depends on my mood. For this one, I stared with a sheet of shiny, glittery dark blue CS. I purchased this stuff from PTI when it first came out, but hadn't even opened the package yet. And from there it just blossomed into a thank you card in red, white and blue! I used only the stamp set Simple Little Things, last year's anniversary set from PTI. Starting with the spring rain CS, I repeatedly stamped the cross/flower type image in a pattern and then enhanced it with white gel pen. The main image was stamped in dark blue ink and then red gel pen used to accent the tiny flowers. The strip of PP came from PTI's Men of Life paper pack.
Can you see the sparkly-ness of the base CS? It's awesome.

Thanks for stopping by. I wish you all a bit of happiness today!

No comments: