October 02, 2009

I know why the caged bird sings...


Hello everyone! Although our computer woes aren't completely fixed, I have been working all day to be able to access my photos so I can share a card or two with you. Plus, tomorrow is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY and I intend to post. Computer troubles aside! (I can be just as stubborn as this piece of...well, machine, I mean *grin*)


I was playing around with some background stamps last weekend and ended up filling an entire sheet of CS with the dotted stamp from Background Basics: Retro. I then used a copic marker and colored in the inner circle with various colors. Liking the red and yellow combo, I built this card around it.
I love how the PP from the Men Of Life Colletion matches the stamp pattern! I covered a chipboard bird from Maya Road with the PP and then stamped a small piece of lemon tart with Text Style and covered the wing. After using a Paint Dauber in Pearl to paint the cage, I adhered the bird on the outside.
A touch of ruffled red saddle-stitched ribbon, and some Spring Rain CS stamped with Fancy Flourishes, and it was done!

Thanks for stoppping by today, I appreciate your patience!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

This is beautiful-- you certainly have a great eye for color! I love the bird and birdcage!!

Mara... said...

beautiful card Dana! I love the color combo and that ruffled ribbon is a gorgeous detail!!

Lee said...

Absolutely beautiful. A real work of art.

~kelly marie~ said...

This is gorgeous! I just love your color combo and those polka dots!

BethieJ said...

Dana this is so pretty!! Love that ruffled ribbon!!

Belinda said...

So pretty! Love the color choices and that birdcage/bird combo is lovely!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous! This is a color combo i tend to shy from because it seems i can never make it work, but you've pulled it off beautifully! And it's funny you posted this now - i've been inspired lately by birdcage images. This is stunning, D, really.