January 13, 2012

CAS-ual Friday (scallops)


I'm so glad it's Friday. 
Is everyone else's life as hectic as mine? *chuckle*
School is closed today for teacher conferences so I took the day off work and the boys and I are going to play board games and hang out. They always beg me to make hot tea and use my small Japanese teapot and matching cups that were a wedding present. 
Who'd a thunk it?! LOL



So this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to use scallops. 
Let me just tell you that the DT came up with some really clever ideas!

I went with boring, but it works. *grin*
Using a large square scallop nestie I cut out the card base and another piece using textured sky blue CS. Then I grabbed both my regular and mini scallop scissors and cut a thin white border. The branch is a sizzix die, and the sentiment is from the Stamps of Life.

Our sponsor this week is Annabelle Stamps. Not only do they carry stamps, but they have the BEST collection of pearls out there! So many different sizes to choose from. *sigh* They also carry colored twine that is to die for. Check them out!



So join us at CAS-ual Fridays this week! Show us your "highs and lows!" Lets see what YOU do with scallops.

Thanks for stopping by,
*mwah*

14 comments:

Shirley said...

Great card! The design and colors really caught my eye.

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. Sometimes, simple is best. Love that Sizzix die cut. I finally broke mine out and used it during for a card for the Clean and Simple Card Making class.

yyam said...

It's beautiful! I love how classy and elegant it is! Great choice of colors! :)

Happy weekend Dana! :)

Lindsay said...

This is totally not even close to boring Dana! LOVE the scallop square and those gorgeous colors! What a fabulous card!

I think it is so cute that your boys like drinking tea out of your Japanese tea cups! So fun!

Marlena M. said...

Far from boring. This is gorgeous. Enjoy your day off and have fun with your boys. ;)

Emily Keaton said...

Dana, this is absolutely striking! What a beautiful, gorgeous card. :)

Mara Campbell said...

I love the colors and that branch just makes the card. I love it!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is gorgeous !

~Tammy~ said...

I sure don't find this boring, but stunning! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

Stunning colors! Love how the white POPS off your background! ;o)

Lisa Elton said...

How great it this Dana! Love your color choice and the leafy sprig in white!

Vicki said...

Hi Dana! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment--glad you liked the Lemon Chex Buddies! I am loving your blog--your cards (and pictures) are gorgeous! XO

Donna B. said...

Beautiful CAS card Dana! Love the colors and the scallops!

Jacynthe said...

Such a gorgeous card!! LOve the colour combo!