September 21, 2012

CAS-ual Friday (Fall fun)


Brrrr. It's so chilly out here in upstate NY already. *pout*
The leaves on many trees have already turned and my kiddos have been raking the yard.
I'm not ready for sweater weather yet!

But never-the-less, Autumn is on it's way.
So why not embrace it with this FALL fun challenge from CAS-ual Fridays?


Our sponsor is Great Impressions stamps, and I have a ton of their designs.
 LOVE them to pieces!
For my focal point on the above card, I stamped and embossed several leaf outlines in white ON white, and then drew 4 lines separating the rectangle into sections. Then I colored each section and went over my pencil lines with a white gel pen.
Leave stamps are SU, sentiment is PCD from Fall Fest.

Come join us at CAS-ual Fridays and show us your interpretation of Fall Fun!

Thanks for stopping by,
XOXO

15 comments:

maria f. said...

This is the perfect card for "Fall Fun". I can just imagine how much fun it was to make. Love the lines.

Tara Cardwell said...

I really love the mosaic effect you got by drawing the white lines - that was inspired!

Lynn said...

Absolutely stunning!

Miriam Prantner said...

I miss fall in NY, much better than in VA! Love the kind of stained glass look you got here. Oh, and I like the new blog header!

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning Dana...it's even more beautiful on kraft with that sweet twine bow. perfect design.

Jen W. said...

This is stunning, Dana! Love that gorgeous design you created and that little twine bow is the perfect finishing touch!

Amy Schumacher said...

WHAT?!?!?! Seriously...WHAT?!?!? I stared at this card for, like, 5 minutes. Then, I read your description of how you made it, and I stared at it for 5 more minutes. How do you even think of this stuff? It's so beyond amazing, and my brain is overwhelmed. LOL You are incredible. I <3 you and your creative brilliance!!! WOW!

Tracey McNeely said...

Dana, that pattern is awesome. Love it.

bjmartin said...

I love the effect you created with the lines and colors. Wow!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

This is so cool! I love the way it looks! great card!

Marlena M. said...

Awesome look Dana!

Joyce said...

Wow--what a cool card you have created. Never would have believed it was so simple.

PrettyStampin.com said...

Your card is a beautiful work of art. I'd love to have it blown up and frame it for wall art! Lovin' it!

Kelly Griglione said...

No way, that is just amazing! At first when I looked at it I thought you created the design, but then thought it was a big stamp because of the matching lines through the design. A white gel pen! Brilliant!

Marybeth said...

Sounds complicated to me, but the end results are gorgeous. Beautiful fall card! I will have to run the air today it will be another hot one.