February 11, 2014

Opposites


Welcome! I have two cards up on the Casual Fridays Stamps blog today. This first one is pretty clean and simple using some of their unique dies.  I stamped the sentiment from Woot Woot onto the Oval tag die, and strategically placed three "splatters" or "jacks"  from the Funky round tags die set above the sentiment. Some white gel pen dots and a button finished it off! (Looking at it now, I want to round those bottom corners very badly.)


This next card is not at all CAS, clearly:)
 I began by stamping the flower images from Loving Thoughts onto the die cuts I made with the complementary Loving Blooms die set. Then I used a wet paintbrush to simple swipe the dye ink from the edges towards the center to give each flower a bit of tonal color. 
The yellow banner was stamped using Losta Links. (The blue banner is from some printable "glitter" paper I purchased on Etsy from SonyaDeHart. I love that stuff! So many colors and no actual glitter to fall off or make a mess!) 
In retrospect, I would stitch around the border of the card were I to do it again. 
 The sentiment, also from Loving Thoughts was a last minute change. I had been planning to hang a smaller tag from the ribbon with a tiny sentiment on it, but changed my mind.
 I'm a  woman.
 I can do that. 
At will. 
And frequently:)

Oh hey, don't forget about the Blue Challenge still happening right now at Casual Fridays Stamps! The winner will be a guest designer and get free product! 

Thanks for stopping by,
XOXO

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These are both just gorgeous! I am swooning over the blue and yellow one, love the colors and the patterns you used. Beautiful cards! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Rose said...

Dana thanks for stopping over at my blog :) i lost a lot of blogs when i switched to bloglovin :( so now i have you again!!!! always love your cards!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific cards Dana! I love the colors on your second one, so pretty!!

Joni Andaya said...

Fabulous cards Dana! My fave is the the second one!

Tracey McNeely said...

Dana both of your cards are fabulous, love the bright colours!