June 23, 2018

Stamping for Families Blog Hop

Hello all you lovely crafty peeps!
Thanks for checking out the Stamping for Families blog hop that some of us concerned citizens have put together.

Graphic created by Sandy Allnock

My card today focuses on the pure, basic, love of family. It's not a commentary on divorce nor partisan politics (nor do the stick figures represent only Mom/Dad parenting), but the simple concept that unity and togetherness makes for strong families. 



I believe all human beings should be treated with kindness and compassion. Especially those that are reaching out for assistance. I believe that no human is illegal. I believe that children belong with their families.I love my boys very much and would be devastated to have them taken away from me if we were fleeing a bad situation. 

If you believe in these things too, support the "KEEP FAMILIES TOGETHER ACT."

1. Pick up your phone and dial (202) 224-3121.
2. State your zip code.
3. When connected, simply say:
 "I live in (__) and I support SB3036."

Here are a few other ways to help:

The Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, or RAICES, in Texas has a family reunification fund that helps undocumented immigrants pay bonds; usually at least $1500

The Arizona-based Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project provides legal services to immigrants and unaccompanied children.


Kids in Need of Defense partnered with Target to create Baby2Baby, a registry where you can purchase diapers and other essentials for immigrant children.


Purchase snacks, toiletries, and medicine for children through Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley’s Amazon wish list. The organization shelters immigrants released from custody.


Stamps are Hero Arts from the set "You are Loved."


Leave a comment below with your thoughts. I am offering a $25 gift certificate to Hero Arts or Butterfly Reflections Ink to a random winner to be picked one week from today on Saturday June 30, 2018. (Disagreement or dissension is fine, but rude, combative comments will be deleted. This blog hop is about compassion for all humanity. )

Please check out all the other participants! I know Sandy Allnock is also offering up two classes as a prize. One to a commenter and one to a participant who links up to our InLinkz (shown below), and I think Sharna has a GC up for grabs as well.





Thank you for stopping by today,
much love

17 comments:

Sharna W. said...

I’m so glad to be able to join in with you in this way for a cause we are all passionate about. Your card is perfect!

Lori Kobular said...

What a wonderful idea this is for a Bloghop!! I love your card, it is exactly what the world needs right now!

halomom said...

Caring and kindness and love are needed in our country and the world today. Thanks for posting your lovely card.

LisaH said...

What a beautiful card and caring sentiment. Great job on this project Dana!

Releasing the Dragonfly said...

Beautiful card, I love the simple message...and I agree...human beings have evolved the capacity to take care of each other, we should be using it! Thank you!!

Unknown said...

Your statement is great and your card says it all. As individuals we must care for all God's family which includes others who may have to take on the problem from a very complicated perspective. If we all practice kindness and pray than great things can happen.

Chark said...

great card!

Sandy said...

Awwww! I love this! I love that the family can be anyone, too :) :) :)

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Well, honestly I’m in France and I didn’t hear much about this situation but it’s sounds awful !!
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Michele K. Henderson said...

I absolutely LOVE your beautiful card! It sums up the message in a great way! Thanks so much for being a part of this!

Dana said...

Amazing believes I agree wholeheartedly!! I love our card too, it's perfect!!

Katy said...

Your post truly touches my heart. I'm so fortunate to have been included in this hop with you, and I cannot express how you inspire me.

Maxine M. said...

I don't believe families should be separated either. There must be a better way that doesn't add sooooo much anxiety to the world.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Dana, your card is to the point & I love it. Thank you for standing up for this. Hugs.

Lisa said...

What a wonderful hop to bring awareness and hopefully open hearts and minds to what is going on and that it is never a solution to separate loving families from each other... I can only hope that every child is reunited with their parent.. it weighs heavy on my heart. And thank you for sharing all of the information also...

Jingle said...

This is beautiful, Dana. Wow. Just ... wow.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your sure make a super cute card! I do pray that the parents and kids will be reunited soon! How sad the situation is, my heart is weeping for them.