April 25, 2011

Requisite post-holiday pics

Those of you who know me or have been following my blog for a while, know that I like to post photos of our holiday festivities.
Because I don't scrapbook, these posts serve as a visual reminder of how fast time can pass when we aren't paying attention, and help us remember the little things!


Stamped, heat embossed, dyed eggs. Let's just say that Versamark does not apply to eggshells as well as it does to paper...
PTI sets used: Masculine Motifs, Turning a New Leaf.


P-dub's Apple Dumplings. Ready to go into the oven...or almost...I forgot the Mountain Dew. Yes, you read that correctly, her recipe calls for pouring a can of soda over these babies right before putting them in the oven. Not allowing HFCS in my house, and having children allergic to food dye, I subbed ginger beer (ginger ale in super spicy form) and these were DIVINE!


Apple dumplings fresh from the oven. Can you smell the cinnamon? Yum! We served them with vanilla ice cream for breakfast. My kids thought I was truly super-mom. *wink* 


I allowed my 11 year old son to design the centerpiece and gave him many things to choose from. This is what he decided on! Pretty isn't it? (please ignore the wrinkled tablecloth!)


After dyeing eggs we had tons of leftover dye, so I let the boys "decorate" the sidewalk with all the colors.

 


Here is my dinner plate: Seitan ham with pineapple dijon sauce, fresh grilled pineapple, ginger glazed carrots, roasted asparagus, red-skinned smashed potatoes with chives, and corn pudding. Forgive the few bites missing...*sheepish grin*

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope everyone had a great Sunday!

*mwah*

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter memories ;)
That food is mouth watering, and I love the dyed eggs, and special table decorations!!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, hugs, Ruth S

Lindsay said...

I hope you had a wonderful Easter with your family! Your table looks lovely Dana! Love those eggs and oh your food looks delish!

~amy~ said...

Delish! The eggs turned out fab!

Jay Gee said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos and memories Dana :)

Jen W. said...

Those eggs are amazing and yes, I can smell the cinnamon from here. Off to find something similarly delectable...

Karen H. said...

Those eggs are so cool. I love the idea of dying the sidewalk after...I will definitely be stealing that idea next year!

Laura Isham said...

Dana, I absolutely LOVE that you heat embossed your Easter eggs! I can't wait to get out my heat gun for those eggs next year!

Susan said...

I love taking a peek into my online friends lives. ;) Those eggs are great and your dinner looks so yummy!

Tigriswillreign said...

Yum, yum, yum! Wish you were my chef! ;) Heck, I'd take anybody... Anybody???
Looks like a fun Easter, Dana!

Diane Jaquay said...

The eggs are beautiful, Dana! Looks like you had a yummy Easter ;)

Unknown said...

Looks like you had an amazing Easter! Those eggs are sooo cute, the centerpiece is lovely, and the food looks yummy!

Jill said...

Wow--the eggs look wonderful, Dana! Your holiday food duddn't look too bad either--YUM! It looks like you had a wonderful family day!