July 08, 2011

CAS-ual Friday

 

Woohoo!
Although I have to go to court this morning (fighting an unjust traffic ticket *grumble*), I am so glad it is Friday.
 Aren't you?

This week's challenge at the CAS-ual Friday blog is a fun one, so I hope you play along!
Shaped cards!
You just HAVE to go see the DT's samples...a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e!



I had a blast creating with this apron template from Paper Smooches!
They are our sponsor this week and they have some amazing shaped card templates (and adorable stamps too!), so be sure to check them out! 


I used a digital freebie for the sentiment and the stars peeking out of the pocket too.


Originally, I made a vintage looking apron, but then decided to make just one more card and ended up with these cutie-patootie overalls! 
I was so pleased by them. *smile*
Makes me think of the old OshKosh engineer ones with navy and white stripes I had as a kid. Remember those?


                                                                                                              Source: clothesandthings.com via Dana on Pinterest
                                                                                      Source: cgi.ebay.com via Dana on Pinterest




Go create and play my friends! 
And while you're at it, link up a shaped card (anything but a square or rectangle) to the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week!

See you there!
*mwah*

27 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Dana , Dana, you just knock my socks/apron off! You used my all time fav Osh Kosh for your inspiration and I LOVE LOVE it! That buckles are brilliant and the stitching...I can almost wear it!! Indeed, what a cutie-patootie!!

~amy~ said...

Right down to the buckles! Love it!

Jan said...

I love this Dana, gorgeous colour and that stitching is fab xx Jan

Lindsay said...

AWESOME work Dana! This is just too stinkin' cute! It is adorable right down to the brads for the buckles!

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is this?! I am amazed at the detail you put into this, from the stitching to the distressed pockets to those darling buckles. Brilliant!

Elena said...

are you kidding me? that's adorable! and those buckles! really, really great card!

Sue Ann said...

Don't forget your "I love Judges" lunchbox :) The overall card is FANTASTIC and so "down home" I just love this baby~~ and the tattered pocket ....... ADORABLE!!! Oh and maybe you could take the judge a card LOL

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Girl, this is amazing!

Tina M said...

Ohh how adorable!!!

Michele Gross said...

Off the hook adorable!! LOVE those little overall fasteners!! And the stitching! Toooo cute!! :D

Karen B. said...

So super sweet, I love this!!!

Stephanie said...

Dana.......This is just so perfect! The sewing, the brads for the suspenders and those little stars! Adorable!

Laura Davis said...

Oh my this is precious!!
Laura

Amy Kolling said...

I just think this has to be one of the most creative cards I've seen Dana!! Very clever! Love the little star accents!

Jen Carter said...

Oh my!! Oh my!! This is darling!! I LOVE the design and the torn pocket! I love the stars sticking out of the pocket and where you placed the sentiment!! LOVE!!

Stephanie said...

This card is SO cute! I love the stitching and the little button hooks... just perfect!

Melissa said...

ADORABLE! Love the little stars tucked into the pocket! :)

Unknown said...

Super CUTE Dana. Love your inspiration. I've been known to wear those Osh Kosh's but not the overalls, just the pants. They were baggie on me so they were the only ones my dad would let me buy. LOL ;0)

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely perfect in all its details! A fabulous card!

Jenny said...

Just love all the attention to detail Dana, fab card.
My lad had a pair of osh kosh dungarees too...exactly like the pair you show :)
Jenny x

Tifany said...

Awesome card!

Where did you get those buckles? They are so cute!

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

Marlena M. said...

Oh, these are so adorable! I love the pocket and buckles. ;)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Shut the front door!! Overalls?!! BRILLIANT!! This card is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen - I am speechless, Dana!!

farmhouse-story said...

this card is so darling an creative, dana!

Alberta said...

Adorable! Love the touch of the buckles. Fab job!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely adorable Dana! Love how you created the buckles :)

Lisa Lara said...

This is so adorable. I love the stars in the pocket. You used overall clips...love it.