July 13, 2011

Hibiscus hello


'Morning all. 

I'm popping in here today with a product spotlight from Denami


I really like the bold outline of this hibiscus and thought it looked great when embossed in white on vellum. And it's super-easy to cut out too!
 Because the outline is so thick, it's very forgiving...*ahem* don't ask how I know that though...*smile*
It also looks good when layered multiple times, but I'll save that card for another day! 

I paired it with the Aloha sentiment and made it sort of "back tie."
 I was going for classy, but this hibiscus stamp is too fun for that! 
Stamped on that lush charcoal CS with versamark ink wasn't enough...it needed a punch of color and the bright peach CS just brought it out, don't you think?

This large bold hibiscus stamp is on sale this week, so get it while you can! 
It would look great on a Hawaiian shirt card for a guy!

And be sure to check out what the rest of the DT has in store for you on the Denami blog too, some really great eye-candy for sure. 

Thanks for stopping by,
Have a good one!
*mwah*

19 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh how fun Dana! I adore your color scheme, but my favorite is those vellum flowers. Perfection!

Jen W. said...

Love that you did this in black and white. I always think bright colours when I see that image so your card really jumped out at me because the image rocks in black and white too!

~amy~ said...

Aloha! Such a fun card Dana!

Kara said...

love the vellum flowers!

Unknown said...

Love the black and white theme, with the slice of red! Very elegant!

Sue Ann said...

Love the random stitching and the placement of the sentiment under the flower petals ..... the white embossing is just perfect!!!

Amy Kolling said...

I haven't embossed on vellum for EVER! Thanks for reminding me that can be done! Love your sentiment placement under the leaves and that zig zag stitching.....that element is fantastic!

Paulina said...

Dana, I am so loving this card! Embossed Hibiscus Flowers= amazing! I love the tone-on-tone background you created, and that little added stitching is fab!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super rad card Miss Dana!!!!!

Amy Schumacher said...

Dana, Dana, Dana! This is awesome! I'm used to seeing this flower in such bright colors, but I ADORE this sophisticated color scheme! I love how you layered the different elements, and the satin bow is PERFECT! Plus, I never would have thought to add that little bit of stitching, and it's incredible! BRAVO!!!

Suzanne said...

Dana, this is fantastic! I love the sentiment and the colors you used, as well as the stitching!

Andrea M said...

Dana!!! OMG!!! This is AMAZING! The minute I saw it, I fell instantly in love with the vellum flowers!!! They are incredible!! Love how your wrapped them over the sentiment too! WOWZAS GF!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW Dana, this is really OUTSTANDING! I love the flowers embossed in white on the vellum, and the sentiment tucked in between the flowers! This is such a well designed card!

Tigriswillreign said...

Love this! The random stitching, the vellum hibiscus, the aloha tie-in... This hibiscus stamp is prob my fav from Denami!

Lee Anne said...

LOVE the vellum flowers. Wow!

Lisa Petrella said...

I LOVE how you embossed the hibiscus on vellum---sooo pretty!!! And the way the sentiment panel rests within the petals of the flowers is a fabulous design idea, too!!! AWESOME work!!

Stephanie said...

Dana......This is so, so pretty! I just love the charcoal and peach combination.....It's beautiful!

Keva said...

Gosh, I didn't realize I had missed commenting on so many of your cards! Yikes. This is relaly pretty. I love the black and white together...brilliant card!

Marlena M. said...

Be still my heart Dana! I was born a Hawaii girl so this has got to be my FAVORITE card!!! In fact, this IS classy in Hawaii terms. Perfect for a wedding or any celebration. ALOOOOHA! ;)