March 27, 2014

Long time no challenge


Hi friends:) 
Impromptu post coming at you this afternoon.
It's been a long time since I've participated in any challenges so when I happened upon this one hosted by Avery Elle, I decided to give it a shot! (isn't that the cutest name you've ever seen? A.E.I. ♥.U.)


I love a simple ombre with the best of them, but I wanted to use it in a different way (isn't that what a "challenge" is all about?). 
I decided to stamp a focal wreath using a gradient of colors beginning with pale yellow and working up to a dark pinkish red. Stamps used are from the Bottle It Up set that I recently received in the mail. 
I have to mention that AE's white cardstock is my favorite. Hands down. It's so stinkin' SMOOTH!

Wanna see what inspired my color choices?

It's hard to see, but I also created that mottled button by stippling matching copic markers onto a white button. It's really pretty in real life. Card base is a really pretty color called Cashmere by WPlus9. 

There are some beautiful samples on the blog for this particular challenge. You should check them out:)

Thanks for stopping by,
XOXO

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

BEAUTIFUL card Dana, love your wreath!!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Dana! I love how you were inspired! So glad that you decided to PLAY!

~amy~ said...

Dana, this is gorgeous!

Diane Jaquay said...

ahhh, that wreath is BEAUTIFUL, Dana! Lovely mix of colors, perfect for the challenge!

Lisa Petrella said...

So pretty, Dana! And I love how you shared your inspiration!!! And...thanks for the heads up about the AE white cardstock---I've been curious about their cardstocks!

Diana Fisher said...

The card is gorgeous and I love how you shared your inspiration photo — great idea. I just saw you are from upstate NY… me too! I'm in Rochester. :) Thanks for playing along with AE's Challenge!

Yana Smakula said...

such a nice fresh design! Love!
Thanks for playing along with AE's Challenge!