June 20, 2007

Happy Retirement

I made this card for a customer who ordered a retirement card for one of her co-workers. She wanted a "bigger" card so that a lot of people could sign it, so it's the larger 5x7 card size. I actually had some trouble with this one, and have been reconfiguring it for weeks now. Why I'm having trouble is beyond me, because for 10 years or more the ONLY size cards I made were 5x7!
At the last minute, I changed the main image matting to include the little flap and brad. I saw something like this on SCS a few days ago, but cannot remember the name of the poster. Whoever you are, thank you!

I'm not sure why it looks so dark in the upper left-hand corner, but IRL is isn't!

SUPPLIES: Image stamp by Stampers Anonymous, sentiment stamps by Papertrey ink, PP by Scenic Route, CS by SU!, ink by SU and Hero Arts, ribbon by SU, while gel pen by Signo.

5 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous work (as always!).

Maria said...

Hi Dana!

Your card is beautiful! Very elegant and I love the layering. . :), perfect for my TIC! Thank you for participating in my challenge. I posted your card on my Card Inspired Blog Site!!

michelle sturgeon said...

I saw this over at Maria's and it is just GORGEOUS! So very elegant. I love it!

Jessica said...

Wow, very nice! You gots the skills, fer sure.

Julie Campbell said...

Ok. I'm definitely going to add you to my bookmarked blog list! Every card I look at is fabulous! I'll add you to my site too so others can check out your work!