February 20, 2008

Gossip

I dug out some of my VivaLasVegas stamps to make this card! At one point in my stamping life, I was seriously obsessed with random funny images like these. The LO is based loosely on Julee's MOJO Monday sketch #25. I was in the mood for some bright colors, and I always think brights pair well with black, so I started with some super-bright hot pink, and some eye-watering neon green, and some black. But when I wanted to add some PP I realized that I most likely wouldn't have anything with those colors in it, so back to the drawing board it was!After toning down both the pink and green, the card came together quickly. I used an old Sizzix die for the black oval frame, and since my sentiment wouldn't fit perfectly inside, I popped it up on top after cutting it out! Add some Heidi Swapp pink jewels, a few white eyelets, and oh yeah, a touch of color to her cheeks and call it done!
I really intended to stick to Julee's sketch, but it wasn't working out. I moved things around, and then switched sides, and brought the ribbon lower and made a slit through the PP panel (Basic Grey PP BTW) so my ribbon could see the light sooner!

14 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

what a great card, love that image, it is fantastic.

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous!!! gorgeous !!! card Dana!!! :) x

Julie Campbell said...

He he he! I could definitely use these stamps! I LOVE THIS!!! The paper and ribbon look great with the vintage image. Cool layout!

Nancy Riley said...

Such a FUN card! Love the bright colors!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is fabulous, Dana! How fun!

Shannan Teubner said...

This just makes me smile. What a fab card!

Patty Tanúz said...

Your cards are super fab!!! all!!!! Kisses from México...!
My last work is a little crawn, with a little bird too hehehe do you want see it??? come AQUI !!!

Janine said...

What a great card... I love to see all the neat images people have.
Fabulous.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great card, Dana! I love the quote bubble and her rosy cheeks! :)

Jennie Skaggs said...

These are fantastic....I am going to have to case this card. I love how unique and fun it is. You have great style. Jennie

Anonymous said...

Love this Dana! This is the perfect "friend" card! Love her rosey cheeks and the sentiment is awesome...just so much better than "friend"!

Risa said...

This card is awesome and I love the image!
malieta:)

Heidi Blankenship said...

I love it!! These stamps are great!! I love the black, green & pink together. Great Card!!
Smiles!
Heidi

Em said...

I adore this card, it is FANTABULOUS!!!!

Could've been made for me (not that I am a terrible gossip you understand?! LOL!)