August 11, 2009

Bicycle race

Hello all! Well, the rain hasn't stopped, but it sure has gotten muggy and humid out! We're a bike riding family, and frequently go on long rides with a picnic here in the country. Our 4 year old is learning to ride withOUT his training wheels and is very excited when he does it.
Want to know a secret about this card? I used my copics for the first time on it! Crazy huh?
I know. I've had them for months and months, but have been too scared to use them! So silly of me, as I used to LOVE coloring as a child and even as a teen too. It was just like riding a bicycle! So easy and all my coloring techniques came back to me quickly, no learning curve.
The base of Plum Pudding was stamped with Polka Dot basics in plum pudding ink and the outlined with vintage cream. I used the Everyday Button Bits for the bicycle and sentiment. Matted it with Summer Sunrise and then tied the whole thing with a Hibiscus ribbon. See how I cut out the "Wishes" part of the sentiment? I liked the ribbon where it was but didn't want to cover up the word, so I stamped it again and placed it on top!

Thanks for stopping by today!
It feels good to be blogging again.

Dana

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love the plum! I love purple, anyway.

Melissa said...

Very pretty! your coloring looks great...Copics are intimidating, I'm just starting to use them too! Great card!