August 15, 2009

Sending a smile

Good morning, good morning! What are your plans for today? We're going to my mom's in the Finger Lakes (2 1/2 hour drive) to pick up our oldest son. He's been having a great time at Grandma's house these past few weeks.

I was up late last night for the newest Papertreyink release. Woohooo, what a party on the forum until the wee hours! Some lovely new stuff was released too.

Onto today's card.
I thought I had previously posted this card but apparently forgot. It uses Everyday Button Bits and Background Basics: Retro. I had some scraps lying around my desk and when I saw them together I knew I wanted to use them on a card. They were so pretty! Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry, and Spring Moss PP. Paired with Kraft and a bit of chocolate it all came together perfectly, don't you think? I embossed the card base with a CB folder, then rubbed it with fresh snow ink to make the raised dots more prominent. Not having a scalloped punch, I drew and cut my own for the edge, sewed new leaf buttons onto the stamped trees, added sentiment and some ribbon and called it done! Everything is PTI.

I hope you have a wonderful Saturday, thanks for stopping by!

Dana

2 comments:

Julie Campbell said...

I just love how you mix colors and patterns! i would have never thought to put something like that together... but it's perfect!

Jessica said...

i really like this one! The colors are great. i'm thinking i might need to get the Button Bits set after all... Darn you, dana! ;)