February 10, 2011

The SEARCH is on!



Congratulations!
You have found the Babushka!

Isn't it fun to "hunt" without killing! *chuckle*
As a vegetarian for the past 17 years I am obviously not into real hunting, but egg hunts? Bring them on! 
As a child I participated in a big Easter Egg hunt every year on the property of a family from our church. They would literally spend WEEKS setting it up and making trails through their woods, and in the fields around their pond. There was always a special prize for the child who found the golden egg. Ahhh, the simple joys of childhood...

Speaking of childhood, I think I was the only kid I knew who LOVED lime beans! *chuckle* We grew our own and I would beg my dad to cook them for dinner. Yum! What kind of kid won't eat hamburger or peanut butter, but loves lima beans? I was weird. But they are still my favorite food. *wink*

These marvelous Babushkas remind me of the huge collection of Matryoshka dolls that my mother owns. And also of my friend Anya, who came to the USA as an exchange student for a year and was my roommate in college. She called her grandmother "Babushka" which means "grandmother" in Russian. 

The Rules for the Babushka Hunt:

1.) Find all 8 little Babushkas.
2.) Answer correctly all the fun questions in the Designer quiz for each blog participating in the Hunt.
3.) Don’t tell anyone else the answers or where you found your Babushkas.
4.) Become a follower of each blog/site where you found a Babushka.
5.) Leave a nice comment on each blog/site so each designer will know you came to visit.
6.) Email Chris / CS Designs your answers to the Designer Quiz.

Winner will be announce on the 26th of April. 

Here are my trivia questions:
1.  What is my favorite food?
2. Who was my roommate in college?
3. What is the exact title of this blog post?


Be sure to continue the Babushka Hunt to the next blog
Hazel Parr - Just Add Glitter

And if you get lost then just go back to the beginning, here, and find your way!

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Great post Dana!

She's a Color Queen said...

WOW girl your creations are gorgeous!! I am so glad I scrolled through your blog. Loved your Babushka card too. I'm a bright color person and that just made my day!

Melissa S. said...

This is fun and I enjoyed looking at all your projects on the way here. I love the Babushkas.

THERESA said...

I sure like your blog, you have a fun way of putting things, love it!!

Lisa said...

Love your blog Dana! This is such a fun Babushka hunt.
Big Hugs!

Lisa said...

Great Post Dana! Lima Beans really? LOL! I love your blog and this is a really fun Babushka hunt!
Big Hugs!

WendyP said...

your blog is great and i am having fun finding all the babushkas

Rene said...

What a wonderful search to find the Babushka on your blog!! Your artworks are so lovely!

Ellis said...

Nice to learn a little about you and you have some fabuous creations here on your blog! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Purple Card Lady said...

Thanks for sharing Dana! I love lima beans too! lol