February 14, 2011

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Hello everyone! Did you have a nice weekend? 

Today is St. Valentine's Day, and as some of you know I need to air my annual gripe about how the "St." part has been dropped. *groan* 
 I know, I know, but really it irks me that society has just eliminated the originator of this fabulous (IMHO) holiday. Saint Valentine was a cool guy and he deserves to be remembered! (All of this is said tongue-in-cheek, as I am not Catholic nor am I even Christian...I just like things to be proper for posterity.)

On March 17th, are you going to go around saying "Happy Patrick's Day!"??? No. You will include the "saint" as will I.

Stepping off my soapbox now.


I made this fun banner a few weeks ago in prep for today. I like to decorate our dinning room and make it special for when the kids come downstairs in the morning and see what day it is.

I love seeing the look in their sleepy eyes as they notice the tiny gifts at their place on the dinning room table and the festive decor. *smile*




Stamps are Everyday Prints by Practicing Creativity Designs. PP and CS are from PTI. I also used an SU border punch, a metal Victorian Lace die from PTI and a Dainty Lace border die from MFT.

I hope you are surrounded by love today and every day!
Happy St. Valentine's Day.
Big hugs,
*mwah*

26 comments:

Sue Ann said...

And a HAPPY ST. VALENTINE DAY TO YOU!!! Love the banner ...... you are a good momma!!

Sara Mac said...

You crack me up. Happy St. Valentine'd Day to you too! Thanks for sharing these adorable banners. How fun for your boys!

Unknown said...

Love your banner! It's just perfect, and I'm sure the little ones were wowed by it. Happy St. Valentine's Day to you too! ;D

Laurie said...

This is awesome my friend! I love this! Those clothes pins are so cute!

(And I am totally ok with your soapbox...we all need to get on one every now and then! Thus the name of my blog! hehe!)

Jay Gee said...

Great banner Dana! I love how you have used the clothes pins to hang each piece.

Mariana said...

Awesome banner, I bet your kids loved it when they saw it!
I hope you have a Happy St. Valentine's day!! (I agree with you about the St. part, but I still omit it some time just out of pure laziness!!)

Christina said...

What a darling banner! Those tiny clothespins are too cute, and I love the different borders on the bottom of the tags. Happy St. Valentine's Day to you, too!

B said...

And a Happy St. Valentine's Day to you! :)

What a lovely banner! Love the fun use of the clothes pins!

Keva said...

Ah, Dana....I have NEVER for one second thought about how the Saint is dropped. Very interesting! Happy St. Valentine's Day to you! :)

I adore this banner. That is so so cute and I love the idea behind it. My child would probably roll her eyes if I had something like that downstairs..lol..but then again, she IS almost 12 going on 21! :)

Huguenot Girl said...

Wowser - simply stunning!

~amy~ said...

happy late st. valentine's day:) I absolutely love that banner...

Lindsay said...

LOVE this banner Dana! So many fun details on it.

BethieJ said...

Dana I LOVE the banner it turned out FABULOUS!!!
I had to LOL at the Happy Patricks Day.. that is FUNNY and True isnt it!!
Hope your day is GREAT!!

Danielle said...

AWESOME banner! Your kids must have loved it!!!

Karen B. said...

Ahh, now that's a fantastic banner. I miss this set, i need to pull it out again!

Sue Plote said...

So cute, Dana! I'll bet your kids love your surprises! Just great!

Davi said...

GREAT banner Dana with all the wonderful elements!! Hope all is well with you and your family.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Love the banner, I so should have did one. My mantle is still bare from putting Christmas away.

IamDerby said...

What a sweet banner!

Mara Campbell said...

This is really cool. I love the fancy borders! Hope it was a great day for you and your family!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You remind me so much of someone I used to work with! She was a hoot! Your banner is darling!

Jen Carter said...

This is seriously cute!! LOVE your banner! I think that this is the best way I've ever seen that set used!! Cute!

Amy Kolling said...

What a fun banner Dana! I love all the extras you did with the borders at the bottoms of each of the banners! Beautiful!

alexandra s.m. said...

What an adorable banner Dana!!
TFS.

Ren-Yi said...

this banner is just beautiful. it's ok - i like to be proper too - so i get it :) Happy St. Valentines Day to you too!

Valerie said...

I LOVE this!!!! Brilliant banner Dana!
(and I agree, keep the St. in St. Valentine's Day!)