March 25, 2011

5 minute challenge


Every once in a while when I am feeling overwhelmed with responsibilities, I like to take "five minute time outs." 
Usually I just meditate in a quite spot (in my house that would be the upstairs bathroom lol!) and center my thoughts and focus on breathing deeply. When my timer goes off, I return to the madness! Yesterday I decided to spend those five minutes in my studio.

I didn't think I could really create anything in that time frame, but I wanted to "play." Strangely enough, as I was moving some scraps of PP,  this card popped into my head. The entire thing...just like that. I think I may have been inspired by this card of Melissa's in reference to the space for the sentiment. So I went with it and was pleasantly surprised!

When the timer went off I sat back and looked at this card and was pleased.
What more could a girl ask for?
*smile*

Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamp by Unity, PP is BG, jewels are Prima, felt and CS from PTI, rolled flower die from MFT.

26 comments:

Joan B said...

dramatic and beautiful. love how this turned out

Jay Gee said...

I agree, so dramatic. That pp looks stunning, fabulous card.

Unknown said...

This is stunning, Dana!

~amy~ said...

5 minutes?!!!! WOW!!! Love it...it'd take me 5 minutes just to clear off my desk..well...actually longer than 5 minutes..lol...happy friday.

Karen B. said...

This is very very amazing, and very productive!

Kay D said...

5 minutes? Wow! (and this card SIZZLES!)
It takes me longer than 5 minutes to decide whether I want to go horizontal or vertical! Ha!

Laurie said...

Dana!! This is gorgeous! I love the colors and that bling! Wow girl! Love it!

Sherry Eckblad said...

absolutely beautiful and in 5 minutes. Girl you ROCK!

Lindsay said...

Very nice Dana! Amazing work for 5 minutes of time! I really love that pop of patterned paper!

Christina said...

So dramatic! This is really stunning, Dana. And so impressive that you did it in only 5 minutes! Fab design and gorgeous, bold patterned paper.

Mary Maruscak said...

5 MINUTES? I can't even cut a straight piece of paper in that time! This is beautiful, the colors are great, and I REALLY love the white flower.
Did you make that?

Кудрявая said...

Потрясающая открытка! Красивое сочетание цвета!

Gabby said...

Amazing 5 minute card! Referring to the "rock" comment, when I saw it, the beautiful red print and black, screamed rock music to me! Replace the flower with a guitar, leave the bling and bring on the music! :)

Donna Huisinga said...

It's wonderfful and looks like it took much longer to make.

Tigriswillreign said...

I love it! I recently made a really quick card that I was quite pleased with as well... I think we really need to do it more often!

Clare said...

Oh my gosh Dana, in FIVE minutes?!! I have never made a card in five minutes, much less fifteen! I love this dramatic card, from the sweet flower, to the swirly bling! :)

Sue Ann said...

WOW ....... the colors here are STUNNING!!! Love the bling and the flower ....... FABBY!!! I know what you mean about hiding but they find me every time. I run and they run faster ~~ I totally get the whole me thing!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Dana, this is so striking! 5 minutes? Fabulous!

Laura Isham said...

Ummm...."will" is really Laura. I didn't notice he was signed in on the google account until I hit "Publish." LOL

B said...

Wow, 5 minutes?That's awesome. I must not be organized cos it takes me 5 minutes to find anything in my space. Haha! Anyhoo, love that you separated the sentiment that way and love the gem accent!

Mara Campbell said...

this is a fabulous card. The colors are so striking and I love that big bling swirl!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a beauty!
TFS.

alexandra s.m. said...

What a beauty!
TFS.

Michele Gross said...

Ridiculously Fabulous! Seriously? 5 Minutes? You rock :)

Dawn T said...

this is stunning Dana. Love it's simplicity

IamDerby said...

awesome use of the bling