March 09, 2011

Framed baby wall hook


You can never have too many hooks in my humble opinion. They are so useful. Throw your towel over it to dry, hang your jacket up, use it for an easy-reach burp cloth in the nursery, etc.

This sweet photo frame had a fabulous hook on it and I couldn't resit purchasing it from T.J.Max a few weeks ago. Little did I know it would come in handy for creating the perfect gift using the new stamp set, Little Bundle, by Practicing Creativity Designs.

After painting the wooden frame a soft pink, I stamped a lavender piece of CS with the long leafy stem from Fall Fest, and then over stamped in white, the buttons from Little Bundle
Inside the frame I placed a matted B&W cardstock photo sticker and added the sentiment and moon image to the outside.

I'm just so happy with this project...it almost makes me want to have a little girl...ALMOST! *chuckle*

Be sure to stop by and see what the other girls have done. I was blown away by the adorable baby gifts they came up with!

Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful Wednesday!

*mwah*

20 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Gift?!?!? HOw about retail item available in some swanky boutique in Manhattan?!? This is awsome!

Keva said...

What a neat gift idea, Dana. I think it's just so perfectly cute! I really really love it.

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is adorable and just perfect for that new little girl or as a baby shower gift.

Valerie said...

This is great Dana! I agree about the hooks - you did an amazing job altering this frame.
Love how you used the leafy branch for the background and the buttons over it. It's lovley!

Karen B. said...

You've taken my breath away. It is so beautiful. I really really love the combination of those two sets and this IS a perfect gift.

Dorcas said...

How absolutely ADORABLE!!

~amy~ said...

WOW...soooo very SWEET!

Lindsay said...

This is so so sweet Dana! I love this idea and you are making me want this set more and more!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so sweet! Fabulous work!

Paulina said...

This is so precious, Dana! You always create such awesome projects!!

B said...

Super precious! :) It almost makes me want to have a little one as well! Hah!

Lisa Petrella said...

Darling!!! Love the buttons, the sweet sentiment and that little moon with dangling star!!

Unknown said...

I love your frame, and the new sentiment is so sweet! Using the buttons on the PP was the perfect touch. Looks like an awesome new set!

Unknown said...

You've been making some gorgeous baby things!! You're right - the hook is a great idea as a hold-anything.

I also need a belated b'day card for my baby niece but her Portlander parents do NOT do pink or purple, so I may have to CASE the orange card in your last post.

So glad your personal gloom cloud has listed :)

Jen Adcock said...

awww. Divine! A momento to be truly cherished. Goodness you're clever. The baby moon and star are too cute! Perfection.

Jen Carter said...

OK. Too cute!! Love your sweet little frame! That will make an adorable gift. Cute, cute!!

Anonymous said...

Love this hooky frame Dana - I think it's so sweet to make a piece of art for your home, or especially for a gift. Great job!
Hugs, Ruth S

Amy Kolling said...

What a beautiful piece of art Dana! I tell ya....is there anything you can't do?? :) Love it!

~Tammy~ said...

Dana, this is amazing! What a great idea!

Laurie said...

I love this! What a fun project! the buttons in the background are so cute!