September 15, 2011

Friendship flags


Hi everyone!

Wanted to post this card I made for a friend who loves plaid and gingham.
It's not easy to combine the two. 

Gingham conjures up images of aprons and tablecloths and country farmhouses, while plaid always makes me think of Scotland and kilts and winter scarves!

BG was created by stamping two different gingham stamps in opposite directions in both grey and red. Sentiment and leafy branches by The Stamps Of Life. Flag PP is Basic Grey, and twill is May Arts.

Thanks for stopping by,
*mwah*

14 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

HI Dana!! LOVE your gorgeous card!! I read everyday, but don't always have time to comment!! Hope you have a great day!

Joyce said...

This is such a great card. Everything works so well together. I would not have known that gingham and plaid do not go together if you hadn't mentioned it. They look great. I"m sure your friend will love the card.

Jen Adcock said...

Ingenious! Those wee flags are fabulous! So inspiring on so many levels. The doily/Gigham/paid trio is a real winner!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this card, Dana! Love the pattern and the awesome COLORS! GREAT work!

Rhonda said...

Ahhhh!!! So Cute.

Aimes said...

Now I'd never have thought it possible to combine plaid and gingham so seamlessly but you do it here, Dana! Fabby!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Paige Taylor Evans said...

CUTE CARD! I love the homemade toothpick flags!

Lindsay said...

What a fun card Dana! I LOVE those plaid pennants, super fab!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Dana. Love the tag, the doily... the little flags look great... nice papers! :o)

JanR said...

Gorgeous! I really love those flags.

Tigriswillreign said...

I LOVE the Scottish feel of this! So cute!

~Tammy~ said...

Holy smokes this is awesome! Your mixing of these patterns is phenomenal!!!

choice said...

Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! by

Revathi

Lola G. said...

Wow -- you combined some seriously fabulous elements here, and I absolutely love all the texture and pattern!