December 12, 2012

Wintery scene


Hi:)
Are you getting snow where you live? 
This is the first time since I moved to Western NY 9 years ago, that we have had less than 2 feet of snow in December! It's crazy how warm and un-winter-like the weather has been here!

With that said, I love the flurries that surround the evergreen trees this time of year, and couldn't resist attempting it with my card for the Denami Spotlight.


After stamping the Medium Pine on white CS, I sponged around it with blue inks. When that was dry, I stamped the Splatter image multiple times and heat embossed them with white to signify snow flurries. I then used a liquid applique to make snow on the pine tree.
The Merry Christmas sentiment fit perfectly next to the main image panel and there was room for a punched border and a button and some twine too!

This sweet pine tree stamp is on sale all this week.
Check out the Denami blog to see all the DT samples...there are some beautiful ones!

Thanks for stopping by,
XOXO

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Nope no snow yet! We had a very brief burst of teeny tiny flakes blowing through the air yesterday but they didn't even make it to the ground!

LOVE the glow you've created around your tree! Really a delightful card Dana ;)

Paulina said...

Can I just sit and watch your craft? Pretty please? You NEVER cease to astound me with your talent. I absolutely LOVE you sponged on this card- I haven't done that technique in ages. That liquid applique you used is pure perfection on this card. Yup, pretty much love this beauty. :)

Andrea M said...

Dana, this is STUNNING!!! WOW! Girl this card rocked my world - LOVE!

Unknown said...

Love the sponged blue -- it really makes the tree stand out. Super fun liquid applique.

Unknown said...

No snow here in Chicago either. Very unusual! Gorgeous card ... love how you sponged the blue inks! TFS! ;)

Christina said...

Um, wow! Your snowfall effect and the glow around the tree are stunning, Dana. We had a little bit of snow yesterday but it's going to melt in the rain over the next 2 days. :(