February 10, 2012

CAS-ual Friday (Paper piecing)


I'm really happy it's Friday! You?
Have any plans? 
I'm taking my boys to Bounce Magic with a friend. 
Believe me when I say you need the support of a friend in a place like that! *chuckle*
It's a giant indoor bounce house/arcade/chuck-e-cheese type of place. Masses of screaming children running wild and spreading chaos (and germs...ewwww) everywhere.
*sigh*
Remind me again why I'm doing this? (While my more worldly friends go to a show, share a bottle of chardonnay, and listen to jazz curled up by the fireplace) 

Well anyway, this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge is what we're here for!


And it's all about the paper piecing!
 It's such a fun technique and simple to do too.
I used my new set, Fruity For You, from The Craft's Meow, who happen to be our sponsor this week! Aren't those plums adorable?


I also had to throw in some twine from The Twinery. *grin* Just couldn't resist!

Grab some stamps and some scraps of paper and join us this week for the CAS-ual Friday challenge! We love seeing all your projects.

Thanks for stopping by,
*mwah*

8 comments:

Aimes said...

Super sweet (and juicy) card, Dana! I'm diggin' that paper piecing and the fun bright colours are sure to cheer anyone up!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

~amy~ said...

love it dana!

Christina said...

Who could be glum looking at this? Super sweet paper piecing, and the twine is an extra fun touch.

Lindsay said...

LOVELOVELOVE this Dana! Those plums are fabulous on the textured card base!

Unknown said...

Super CUTE card! Love the colors, and to tie it all together you added the yummy twine! Perfect!
Hope you had fun out w/the boys! I remember taking my son to places like that ... it was crazy! ;o)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yowser, those plums are perfect for paper-piecing! Thanks so much Dana! I adore the way you've showcased Fruity for You!

Hugs,
Lisa

Anne Tussing said...

Fantastic card! I really like the embossing folder you used that has "missing" dots. The purple papers on the plums are great:)

Annemieke said...

Lovely card. What a great die-cut!
Annemieke