September 25, 2007

Long time no Mojo

Although I have lots of other things to post, I want to get this week's Mojo Monday (courtesy of Julee) up before the week is out! My camera is doing well, me...not so much, but enough that I got out of bed to make this card last night *wink*!It looks all wonky, because it is! *chuckle* I dropped it on the floor without realizing it and ran over it numerous times with my rolling stool. Can you tell I'm not feeling well?
I started with a piece of Basic Grey PP, and my favorite tree stamp (100 Proof Press), and it just built itself from there. I added the webbed key hole stamp (Leavenworth Jackson), and it became a creepy type of card so I grabbed my Papertrey stamps and those little spiders just JUMPED out at me! The doodle around the scalloped oval is by Papertrey too.
After embossing the tree image I sponged green ink around it and matted it with black CS. I added the two sheer black ribbons to keep in line with Julee's Sketch and called it done.

I like it a lot. It's simple, but I love the colors together and that tree is one of my most favorite stamps ever! (I know you aren't supposed to have favorites, but we all do, right? It's NOT just me, is it?)

7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

How beautiful, love that tree stamp, hope you are feeling better soon.

Shannan Teubner said...

I love that tree stamp!! And the whole thing, actually! Hope you feel better soon!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty. Your shading has so much dimension it looks like a window card. Hope you're feeling better soon! And of course, we all have favorites - mine is the flower from Artfully Asian - but this tree is wicked cool!

Heidi Blankenship said...

What a wonderful card!! I LOVE the tree stamp! Great color combo too! I sure hope you are felling better very soon!!

Julie Campbell said...

Oh man! I'm glad you're back! Hopefully you'll feel as good as new soon! You crack me up! Wheeling over and over your card! I just laughed out loud! It still looks great though! :)

Risa said...

Very nice card Dana, I like the tree stamp also! I hope that you are feeling better soon...
Malieta:)

Jessica said...

i loooove this card, and that tree stamp rocks! Hope you're feeling better SOON!
i've wheeled over a couple things myself...glad i'm not the only one!