February 27, 2009

Food glorious food...

Happy Friday everybody! Boy will I be glad when this week is out and done. My youngest AND my husband have been sick. Blech. And you know what men are like when they're sick, right? It's like taking care of two children! *grin*

I threw together this card last week for a friend's upcoming birthday. She's not a frilly sort of gal, so I kept the ribbon and bling to a minimum. The frosting is embossed in white, with chocolate cake layers. Background is stamped with Retro Basics and then white gel pen was used to add "ooomph". I used an oval nestability for the plate and once it was embossed it was perfect. All products used are PTI.

I must share a link to some amazing blog candy. You should check out Lim's blog, it's her first anniversary!

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a GREAT friday!

3 comments:

Natasha said...

What a gorgeous design! Love these colours and the addition of the white gel pen really does make it "pop"!

Anonymous said...

your work is SO beautiful...how do you manage to stamp without SCHMEARs...I'm a horrible stamper.

Ari Vega-Macias said...

very very pretty:) i have bookmarked your blog to refer to later:)