March 16, 2012

CAS-ual Friday (1-2-3)


Thank you all SO MUCH for the sweet birthday wishes yesterday!
It was a...let's say, strange day to say the least. *chuckle*

Today's card is all about the newest challenge on the CAS-ual Friday blog.


The rules are simple:
1. use an image
2. use a sentiment
3. use a background or pattern

I used the adorable new set by Clear and Simple Stamps, called Cart Pals: Occasions. I also used their awesome Diamond Grid BG stamp, which I just love.
Clear & Simple also happen to be our fabulous sponsor this week, so be sure to check out what they have to offer. You will be amazed!


This card is about as CAS as it gets for me. It was soooo hard not to add more elements. I wanted to pop a sweet little wagon on there, maybe a ribbon, some brads...*sigh*
CAS can be difficult!

If you want to play along, please link your project up to the CAS-ual Friday blog. We love seeing what you create.

Thanks for stopping by,
XOXO

7 comments:

aureliaeugenia said...

Beautiful blog ! The cards for the Valentine's day are my favourites.
Lovely idea with apples for the teacher! Good luck on the competition!
Dana + aureliaeugenia

Rose said...

yup CAS is hard (for me most days! lol) but you nailed it with a super card girl :)

i sure hope the "strange" was a fun type! ;)

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Weekend Dana! I LOVE this teacher card - fabulous layout and gorgeous coloring!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You do CAS so well... love the coloring of the apples.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this card! Going to save a copy & CASE it for TY cards this year! ;o)

Steph Zerbe said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love the way you used the grid stamp. Teacher cards are so fun! Love your coloring and how you used the apples as more of a border. So fun!

Jean Cross said...

I just love this. I will probably pin it to study later. I hope you don't mind. It's so well designed and created.