November 02, 2007

The break is over! LONG post.

Well, I had a not-so-nice break from blogging for a few days! I'll spare you all the details. But I warn you that this will be a long post because I'm attempting to play catch-up!

I was asked to teach a stamping/cardmaking class lasting 5 weeks for the Adult Education Program in the area, and last night was my first class! I had 5 women show up, and 2 more plan to come. (we live in a VERY rural area!) I wanted to start simple, so people wouldn't be intimidated, and these are the two cards we made last night.
True Thyme, River Rock, and Cranberry Crisp. BG stamp by Cornish Heritage Farms, image by SU, sentiment by Hero Arts.
For the nest card, I let them choose the ink/cardstock/ribbon color they wanted. Some chose a willow green, some choose Blue Bayou! I explained that this card could be used for a new home OR a new baby. Nest and polka dot BG stamps by Cornish Heritage Farms, sentiment by Hero Arts.
I hope everyone had a great holiday, we LOVE the Autumn Equinox/Samhain/Halloween at our house! We visited Pumpkinville (Supposedly the OLDEST pumpkin farm in the country) where there are lots of fun things like hay rides, feeding the goats, riding the horses, pressing apples for cider, etc.
This was the SMALLEST of the gigantic pumpkins! He couldn't get up on the others! I made our youngest scrape out the inside of his pumpkin, and you would have thought I'd given him the moon! He had a blast (as you can see from the "guts" on the ground!).I love carving pumpkins, and usually do at least 3 of my own, but I only got to one this year. Here it is lit up: My husband, on the other hand, loves to create a showstopper. Last year, he carved a pumpkin and placed it in the middle of the yard on a slab of stone, filled it with kerosene and lit it. It shot flames and nasty black smoke for hours! This year he made a scarecrow and carved a pumpkin for it's head. He wanted it to be flaming again, but used small slices of a fire log and I was much happier! Here it is during the early evening. Here are our two trick-or-treaters! Stickyfingers was a robot, and Crumbgrabber was a dragon.

And here are myself and my DH. I LOVE to dress up, and this year decided to go dark. I normally have long, straight, wheat colored hair, but LOVED donning this short, black, curly wig!
In other news, have you guys been checking out the Verve Visual blog for sneak peaks on the newest releases? SO AWESOME! I can't wait until I can share some my DT projects with you. The newest stamps will be released on November 10th and you won't want to miss these two sets!

13 comments:

Risa said...

Thank you for sharing pictures of your family Dana! You have a beautiful family and the pictures are priceless. I love the vampire look too.

Congrats on your teaching position, the cards are great!
malieta:)

Pegg S said...

Oh what great pictures !! Your boys are adorable and growing up!! Thanks for sharing -- you guys are amazing at celebrating holidays! Can I come live w/ you ;)

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! Where to begin! First of all... your boys are SO sweet! You can tell by their faces that they are so happy and loved!

Your cards for the class are beautiful! Nice and simple enough for beginners.... but not lacking in design! Love them!!!!

And.... your pumpkin looks amazing! How did you do that?!? I don't know if that is your brick house in the bg... but it looks so cool! (I am fascinated by old homes)

Alhambra Club said...

Your cards are so pretty, sure everyone loved them. The Halloween photos are great, can't believe that pumpkin was the small one. You pumpkin carving of, is that Samuel Adams, is fantastic, you are so talented, love the scarecrow.

Jessica said...

Wow, that was a meaty post! The cards are great, and the kids look so cute in their costumes! Your pumpkin is insane! You have mad skills, yo. It's cool you still dress up. This year, as usual, i had to throw something together last minute, so i was the fal-back gypsy/fortune teller... TFS!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful cards and what great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Rose Ann said...

Your cards are perfect for the class! I bet everyone loved them!

I love all your pictures you shared. The boys are so adorable, and your costumes and pumpkins ROCK!!

Jan Scholl said...

we only had plastic and wax pumplins this year. bad crops and what is left was way too expensive. I did have pumpkin soup tonight. Unsweetened pumpkin puree but tasty. with roasted whole garlic and chiabatta bread.

Stampin' Meg said...

Great cards -I bet that your students were very pleased with them. Those pumpkins rocked- cute pix of your kids.

Dee Jackson said...

Your projects are perfect, I know they enjoyed it and couldn't believe they made them! The boys look great!! awesome carving skillz on the pumpkins:)
Dee

Eleanor said...

Great post. And that pumpkin you carved - awesome!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Congrats on your teaching job! That is so wonderful! I love you cards, very pretty!! OMGosh I love all of the pics!! The boys are so cute, love the costumes! The pumpkins are fabulous!! Great Job! Also love seeing you & DH all dressed up!
Thanks so much for sharing!!
Smiles!

Anonymous said...

Great costumes! And I love Pumpkinville but haven't actually been there in a few years!