July 06, 2010

Listen to the Music


Hi! Did everyone have a nice weekend? We purchased a ton of fireworks across the border, then came back across the state line and set them off illegally in my mom's backyard for the 4th of July! *shhhh* What fun!

Today's card is for Tuesday Throwdown! This week's challenge is to try mosaic tiles, something I'd never done before (and which there are many, many versions of). It was kind of retro old-school feeling so I tried to keep that theme going on with the rest of my card too.
Sherrod Studios is the sponsor this week, and I happened to have an awesome clear stamp set from there, called Bluegrass, so I used that set!

My hubster informed  me that I could NOT stamp the mandolin and the guitar together alone (he claims they don't sound good together), but that I COULD stamp the banjo and mandolin together, and also the banjo and guitar...or was it the *shaking head in confusion* WHATEVER! I decided to stamp all three (and he approved)!
That fun striped ribbon comes from May Arts at the PCD store, and I used a black Copic to add the black stripe for contrast.

Just a few photos from our backyard celebration with illegal fireworks! *grin*









This last one is my favorite...I just love it!

So if you feel up to the challenge, play along with us at Tuesday Throwdown and give mosaic tiles a try! You could win a suh-weet prize package from Sherrod Studios!

Thanks for stopping by today peeps!

22 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Fun card ....... your husband is funny sounds like something Curt would say ....... we were so exhausted after being out all day ( it was like 95 degrees) we came home exhausted and watched the NYC fireworks in HD ...... I know lame :) Have a great week Dana.

Lindsay said...

LOVE those fireworks ;0) and of course I love that card. The colors and those guitars are super fun!

~amy~ said...

such a fun card...love the ribbon!

Davi said...

I love the bluegrass stamp and they look awesome togather! :) Thanks for sharing those pretty fireworks.

Diane Jaquay said...

What a cool card Dana, love the mosaic look! Very artistic :)

Anika said...

Love your mosaic! Great color scheme too - black, pink and white were my wedding colors, so I'm a bit partial to them! Looks like your fireworks were awesome too!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh that mosaic looks great! I love the pink and black with "music"! Hope you had a great 4th!

Laurie said...

What a fun card! I love how you cut up your main image! An awesome focal point! AND I love those firework pics! They came out great!

Lauren said...

Dana,
This is awesome! I always think of mosaic tiles being square, and it is great to see some other shapes! (I need to keep that in mind for future reference!). Great firework pics too!
Lauren

Leah said...

Fabulous card, as usual:) Love the cool way you cut apart the images...fun firework pics too!

PS Because of you I made my first order of Wplus9 stamps, got the woodgrain bundle, heart backgrounders and Birds and the Bees, they came today!...thanks for the enabling! Hugs...

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alice said...

very cool card! neat mosaic look!

Кудрявая said...

Dana, this is something new, unusual and interesting!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Way Cool Card!

B said...

Oh love that you did non-square shapes -- really makes it a hip card!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

WOW! Such a stunning card! I love this. My husband actually designs music products on the side and is really into guitar stuff--I could see him making a comment like your husband did.

annette said...

I love the look of the mosaic tiles. How is it done?

IamDerby said...

Great card! Love your fireworks pics as well!

Keva said...

That card is FREAKING awesome! I love the way you split it up. It is very cool. We had lots of cool fireworks in our neighborhood...they're such fun!

Kim said...

I love black and pink color combos. The mosaic tiles look great!

Monica K. said...

I love so many things about this card! The mosaic is awesome, so are the colors, and the layout is great too! You are so enabling me to want this set!

Looks like you guys had a good time with those fireworks! How fun! ;)

Jackie Pedro said...

What a fun technique! This card looks so cool!!! Yeah....you rock....