January 25, 2018

Into the swing of things

Hello friends! I'm back today with a card I created for a new (to me) challenge blog; Inspired By All The Little Things


I stamped the lily of the valley flowers on vellum and then heat embossed them in white. To add color, I flipped the image over and sponged pigment ink on the backside. Then I fussy cut around the entire image. 
If you look closely, you can see where I messed up and accidentally cut out part of the left leaf! Oops. Ha. 
I glued the flower image to a nestabilities die cut shape that I dry embossed and then added the heat embossed sentiment on a banner strip on top. This entire piece was then adhered with foam tape to a patterned paper panel. Pink pearls finished it off. 

Can you see what I was inspired by? The white on white raised pattern and shape of that cookie, along with the flowers and colors. 

I'm sending this card out to my SIL who loves lily of the valley and whose birthday is right around the corner. 
Stamps, cardstock, and paper are PTI. Ink is Fresh Ink by Impress, and Versamark. 

Thanks for stopping by,

8 comments:

Sue W. said...

Gorgeous!

Darnell said...

Your sister will cherish this beautiful lily of the valley card, Dana! You've made a lovely design with all these sweet elements and I can clearly see how you were inspired!! Thank you so much for joining us at Inspired By All the Little Things! Hugs, Darnell

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Dana!

Linda said...

So soft and pretty. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little things.

Wanda Cullen said...

Dana, this is such a gorgeous take on our inpsiration photo and I'm thrilled that you chose to play along with the challenge! Hope to see you in the gallery next time!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous! Love your take on this weeks challenge!

Amy Engel said...

Very beautiful card and a wonderful take on the inspiration photo. I'm sure your SIL will adore receiving it for her birthday.

KimCreate said...

Beautiful! I was wishing I had Lily of the Valley stamps like this. Your card is gorgeous!