July 13, 2007

2 4 1...sort of.

I made two simple cards last night using the same scrap of PP. I was going to post them both but think I will wait on one because I'm going to be sending it as a RAK. Actually, they're both going out as RAKs, but this one is going to my buddy Barb on the northwest coast and I don't think she reads my blog.It also qualifies for the Blogger Bingo sketch! I like the simplicity of this card; not too many layers, not to much matting, and only a few embellishments. I did doodle a bit by adding some white gel pen dots to the card base, smaller oval, and the PP. I also sanded the little tabs at the top to expose the white core of the CS, and pierced holes in the larger oval.
The card base is stamped with a SU! wheel in versamark, and so is the tiny leaflet above the sentiment. In real life, the pale orange snaps match the PP perfectly, but seem too dark in this photo.
The second card is also simple. I was making 2 cards in the same time frame that I normally make one! Maybe I'll post it later...

Oh, and if you need a little laugh this morning, check out this post here. I does have an eyebrow raising word in it, but I still consider it to be PG. Just go look! It's too good to miss.

9 comments:

Heidi Blankenship said...

Love the color combo and I know Barb will love this card--she loves green!! Great card and a great way to use up PP scraps!!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the paper and the color combo, this card rocks.

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty. I love the green and the simplicity of it. Nice job!!

Jessica said...

Beautiful card! i've had her on my mind and plan to send her a card soon, too. Now if the chaos that is life will just quiet for a bit so i can get to my craft room...

Corie said...

This one is so pretty.

mum-on-the-run said...

Love this card, the colours are great

Julie Campbell said...

I love this card! The stamp and paper look great together. You always do such an awesome job!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great card. I love how all the layers have a viny, leafy look.

Anonymous said...

Cute card!!!