July 20, 2007

Masculine ribbon?

I like challenging myself in mini creative ways, so last night my task was to make a masculine card that had two different ribbons on it. I think I suceeded! The image stamp is from PaperBag Studios, and is stamped with Ranger archival black on glossy white CS. The ribbon is SU! and the CS is Bazzill. I added three copper eyelets, some piercing and distressed the edges of the black CS to liven it up a bit.
I'm going to save this for when I need a male retirement card.
In other news, I told you I had a secret, right? Well, let it be known today that I am officially a member of the Gallery Design Team for Verve Visual! *jumping up and down* Can you believe it? Oh, and wait until you hear who the mastermind behind this fantastic new company is! None other than...oh shucks, that's right, I can't tell you yet... bummer. Anyway, I am so honored to be asked to be a member of the Verve. Talk about a shock to receive THAT email! And wait until you see the incredible new stamps coming! *drool* They are perfect. Excited? I sure am. *grin*

7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, you have exceeded your challenge, this card is great,love the image and ribbon

Heidi Blankenship said...

What a great way to challenge yourself! I love this card and the ribbon. I especially love the sentiment on the stamp!!

WOO-HOO!!!! A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!! Doing the *joy dance* for you!! Dana that is sooooooo wonderful that you are on the Design Team!!!! I signed up to get the email newsletters, I can't wait to see your designs!!!

Jessica said...

i just love this card. It's not easy to make a masculine card sometimes, much less one with ribbon! The image is awesome! Great job!

And CONGRATULATIONS! i am not surprised, though, as you are super-talented! Can't wait to see the site when it's done and your contributions! Yay!!

Jen said...

Oh, WOW! I am so happy for you! Congratulations! You amaze me, Dana.

The card is great, by the way. Very guy-ish! LOL! Good idea to keep it around, too.

Corie said...

Fantastic card. You are so creative!!

kathy said...

Congratulations...I just love everything you do. This card is perfect for a man

michelle sturgeon said...

This is AWESOME!