July 11, 2007

CPS # 21

I don't know if my mojo is back, but last night's card was a breeze to make! It all just fell together in 15 minutes. I LOVE it when that happens.
I had the CPS sketch in front of me and I grabbed my crate of 6x6 Designer paper, and flipped through it looking for some diamond shapes. I pulled out a bunch of PP but it wasn't calling to me. Then I found one, and behind it were 4 more sheets of coordinating PP and I just knew it was the ONE!
I stamped the bird image on white, colored it with prisma pencils and gamsol, added some stickles (you can't see them in the photo very well), and matted it with a paint chip card from K-mart and some black CS. I also doodled around the edges and pierced a trail for the birdie. I like how it looks like it's kickin' up it's heels!
I cut out some flowers from the PP and pop-dotted them around the main image too.
The sentiment is from TAC, and the ribbon is from my stash.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, the title of my post yesterday and the first sentence were CASED from one of my very favorite poems as a child. Disobedience (James James Morrison Morrison Weatherby George Dupree), by A.A. Milne.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

i love birds! This card rocks! The PP is lovely, too. Yet another home run for you, Dana! :)

Lea L. said...

That is adorable...I just love the little bird! Great job, and thanks for participating at CPS this week!!

~Lea Lawson

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love all the papers you used and of course you used "my bird" love that bird, have been chasing him for months.

Anonymous said...

Your "MOJO" is alive and well because this card rocks! Great Job!

jo said...

Love the card!!!