July 23, 2007

Girly Shoes

We were away all weekend with no computer access. Does anyone else feel lost when that happens? I had this post slated and ready, all I had to do was find a computer and hit publish, but I never got near one all weekend!
Isn't this card fun? I had a great time creating this one. It's good to make something just for fun sometimes, and this card fit the bill for me when I needed some "me time". The awesome patterned paper is from Paper Mojo. I buy paper from there in huge sheets and then cut it into usable sizes. The legs/shoes stamp is from Sideshow Stamps, and I have no earthly clue what company makes the sentiment. I'm pretty sure I bought it at a rubber stamping convention at one of a hundred booths selling piles o' rubber. I do know that that quote is attributed to Bette Midler though, because I cut that part off the stamp (just for this card).The melon CS is Bazzill, the blue and white are SU!. The ribbon came from a swap, the button brad is MM, and I used a white gel pen to outline the edges of the scalloped oval and to faux stitch. I used Prisma color pencils to color the image in. I sure wish I had more flesh tone pencils, I had to use quite a few layered on top of each other and blended to get the shades I wanted.

8 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Love the card, colors, stamping, coloring and of course saying.

KardKrazy said...

Great card! Love the coloring.

Corie said...

Great cards -- you have a talent with color.

Rein said...

Fab card!

kathy said...

love the shoes but then shoes were always my favorite things. Great card

Kim B said...

LOVE IT! The saying is awesome. Can never have enough shoes either...LOL!

Jessica said...

Great, fun card, Dana! i really like the layout, too. And i'm with you on lack of fleshtones! i find myself layering a lot to get the right flesh colors.

Ema said...

Wow, I really like this card! BTW, I'm Heidi's friend and I was checking out her blog list. I love your stuff!