August 31, 2007

Out on the town

I made this card with some brand new Wordsworth stamps that Julie sent me as a RAK. Isn't she the BEST?!?!?! I think I might have giggled with glee when I opened the package and saw them!
I quickly ran up to my studio and created this card for her. The city image was stamped on glossy CS using Ranger clear resist ink. Then I brayered over it with a hybrid ink in pinkish. Once it was dry, I added some touches with a white gel pen.
The sentiment says, "My favorite person in town".
I stamped it with Ranger Archival black on a scrap of the brayered glossy CS and then used my Sizzix to cut out the frame. I used versamark on the entire frame and center and clear embossed it a few times to give it a thick coat of glaze and make it stiffer.
Black and pink CS by Bazzill, glossy and white from my stash. Brads from MM, ribbon from a swap.
I've received some incredible RAKs lately and have been remiss in posting them. But here they are all together!

This AWESOME recipe card was made by my friend Jessica. She is an incredible artist and obviously a good cook! This recipe card has perfect aging techniques on it and the colors really make it stand out. Check out her blog and look for her beautiful clay beads she makes...museum quality!

This adorable square note card came to me from Julee, of Poetic Artistry and Verve Visual fame. She used a sentiment from the Thoughtful Phrases stamp set. Isn't it cute? I wish I knew the other stamps she used, I like them a lot.

Flossie sent me this super-fun, vintage-type card! The clock is so cool and look at those beautiful patterned papers, they are amazing. I just kept looking and looking at this card, there was so much to discover. I love aged cards. *sigh*

My best friend, Mary, sent this little note card to me. Look at the HAND STITCHING on it folks! I felt so special when I saw that! I mean, who takes the time to hand stitch on cards anymore? And the sponging on the purple tag is really pretty.
This is the bella card that Julie sent me along with the Wordsworth stamps and a few other goodies as well. I LOVE veggie Bella! (And not just because I'm a veggie myself!) She used some beautiful Basic Grey PP on it and even some stamps from Papertrey Ink too! the best part is the tiny metal garden rake dangling from the ribbon. And isn't her coloring amazing?
Thank you, all of you, for the RAKS and cards. I feel so loved and blessed to have met so many wonderful people through this hobby. I think that's about the best part of being a paper-crafter/stamper; the friends you meet who love it too!

6 comments:

Corie said...

Wow you hit the JACKPOT. Love all the RAKS

Risa said...

Great card and the RAK's are just adorable!
Malieta:)

Em said...

Have just spent some happy time browsing your blog and wanted to say that I love your cards, the way you put them together is just fab.

Well done you!

Em (UK)

Jessica said...

RAK city! And yay, there's mine! i've made many new friends thanks to the crafting bug, including YOU! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Looks like you've been in RAK bliss! I think the flower on my card is from Doodle This (SU!) and the swirls are from the Art Warehouse Summe Vibe

Mary Maruscak said...

Nice little collection you've got here. Love all the cards, and that tomato salad sounds GOOD.