February 05, 2009

Baby Christening

I don't think I ever posted this card I made for a baptism last year. I remember I had a lot of fun making it. The LO was from a similar card I saw somewhere online, and I thought that the dress stamp was perfect to use for a baby girl christening.

I was proud of myself for using up some things I had been hoarding! The tiny copper ribbon letters that spell out the baby's name had been hidden away in hopes of just such an occasion! I wanted the brads to match the Aqua Mist CS so I used white brads and dabbed on matching ink. I was happy when they dried to just the right color! The Basic Grey PP was sewed onto the CS and the main image was aged with distress ink. I added the sentiment with PTI stamps. SUPPLIES

Paper: Sweet Blush and Aqua Mist CS (PTI), Cream and chocolate chip CS (SU), patterned paper (Basic Grey)

Stamps: Dress (SU), sentiment (PTI)

Ink: Distress (Ranger), Aqua Mist and Sweet blush (PTI),

Accessories: Copper letters (Joann), Ribbon (Joann), white brads (stash), water brush (Ranger), white gel pen, Janome sewing machine

2 comments:

Corie said...

This is beautiful -- I love the vintage feel to this!!

Jessica said...

A great one! i'm so glad you're posting again! :)