December 01, 2013

Sequined Christmas Banner

       

Hi there!
Today I am thrilled to be posting a project for Pretty Pink Posh!
Paulina contacted me a while ago to ask if I would participate in a mini blog hop to announce the opening of her sweet little shop carrying all sorts of fabulous embellishments, and I was honored.


You would not believe the goodies inside package she sent me! I squealed in delight when I opened it:) But lets get to the project I created...
Here are the supplies I chose to start with:


I knew I wanted to create a Christmas Banner to hang on my china cabinet in my dining room. I have a banner for all other occasions but nothing for the Christmas holiday. 


I began by gluing the Raspberry Sequins into letter shapes on the canvas banner pieces to spell out "Be Merry." 


Then I created mini sequin christmas trees on two burlap banner pieces using the Woodlands sequin mix, and the Metallic Bronze sequins for the trunk, and finished them off with a few red sequins from the Classic Christmas mix as decorations. 


Then I created a snowflake for the middle separating banner piece with a pearl pen and added the Silver Confetti to highlight.

I dangled a large Silver Bell from each of the letter banners, and strung them all together with some hemp cord. 


I'm so pleased with this banner and it was easy and simple to make! All those gorgeous sequins glitter so nicely in the right lighting. (It's been a cold, dreary, wintery week here and we have nearly 2 feet of snow and single digit temps so lighting in my dining room is not ideal...)

Now for the Blog Hop details:


There will be a Prize Pack from Pretty Pink Posh for TWO lucky winners drawn from all the comments before December 3rd. Paulina will announce the two winners on Thursday December 5th. 
Plus, as a special you can get free shipping with your order of at least $35 until December 5! Use the special code below!


Thanks for stopping by, and good luck!
XOXO 

34 comments:

cm said...

Your banner is amazing, and what a wonderful way to showcase the products at the new PPP shop! How special and exciting that your creativity and talents are taking part in helping Paulina realize her dream! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
c

Kari said...

This is off the charts! Love your banner!

Barb said...

What a cute idea, Dana! Love that you used burlap! It turned out beautifully!

Laurie said...

Dana this is amazing! I love the banner and how you added in the bells! SO cute!

~amy~ said...

Absolutely AMAZING Dana! WOW!

Lori Turner said...

WOW! I love this :) Awesome job!!

Paulina said...

I am dying over how amazing this banner is. Sequin letters?! Be still my heart! Your Christmas trees are so ridiculously perfect (I attempted something similar and failed miserably) and those jingle bells hanging down? SWOON!

So blessed to that you could participate in my grand opening blog hop, Dana. Thank you for everything!

Allison P said...

Your banner is so cute! Great job!

Unknown said...

Great idea Dana! I've never thought of burlap and sequins together. They look awesome together!

Tracey McNeely said...

Dana how fantastic is your banner! Eeek I love it.

Lynn said...

amazing! Now that took some time to create those sequin letters but oh so stunning!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fantastic idea - the banner is so cool!

StampinLouie said...

What a clever idea. Love It

SugarGem said...

Verycute. Wow so much work ggirl

Wendy G. said...

Very creative! Wow!

Sheryl said...

Aww, the sweetest banner ever!

Heather North said...

Sequins are perfect for Christmas. I like how you combined them with the rustic burlap banners.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oohhhhh love this idea with sequins!

None None said...

Oh, wow! What a different way to go with the sequins. I love it and now want to do something similar. If only I had a place to hang it!! Love, love, love this!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fabulous banner!

Lisa Elton said...

how FUN is this!!! You did and amazing job Dana an dI adore the dangling jingle bells!!

Christiana said...

This is so awesome! I absolutely love your fab sequin banner! It totally blew me away. What kind of glue did you use to get your sequins to stay on the burlap and canvas? It came out so cute!

ferrellm said...

Your banner is amazing! Love what you did, so creative!

Janis said...

What a lovely banner! The sequins and bells are so festive.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

That is darling, Dana! And I'm so excited - I just placed my first order for some yummy sequins and mini gold bells!!

Sue D said...

Very cute banner. I like the burlap and sequins together.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun banner! I love that it has some jingle to it!

Unknown said...

This is a cute banner. Love your creative use of the supplies.

Iris said...

Amazing banner - love the letters made from sequins, the burlap and the cute jingle bells.
isoscia at aol dot com

Indy's Designs said...

Oh just love this sequiny banner!! CUTE!

Lindsey said...

Your banner is amazing! What an incredible use of the sequins.

Jennifer T. said...

I love our banner!

Unknown said...

Simply Fabulous!

Emily Keaton said...

LOVE this, Dana!! Wow--you do absolutely amazing work!! Your sequin skills are enviable ;)