February 06, 2007

So after the previous post, I figure we need something a bit more uplifting! Here is another St. Valentine's day card that I shamelessly cased from SCS.


I have had this heart stamp set for quite awhile and never used it so I decided to look there to see some samples using it. I fell in love with one posted by a user called "mytime". I asked her permission to re-create it, albeit a bit differently, and she said yes! Her work is just stunning--you should check it out here.
I stamped the hearts using mostly pigment ink by Colorbox and Versamagic. The black is Ranger archival ink--my favorite black ink for everyday stamping. Black, red and white CS is from SU, pink CS is Bazzill. Heart brads are from Joanns and ribbon is Offray. The word was stamped with typewriter alphabet stamps using a Palette stamp & stick glue pad and silver glitter. Clear embossing powder used on the bottom red heart is Joanns too. I used my old scalloped scissors to cut the white CS edge, and mounted the heart piece with pop dots from the $ store.
This card is going out to my best friend Mary for St. Valentine's day.

No comments: