February 07, 2007

Wild animals

I made this card for a co-worker last night, whose DIL is expecting any day now.
All stamps are SU. I just received the"Wild About You" set in the mail and I'm already in love! All CS is Bazzill, PP is unknown (from my stash), trim and star eyelet are also unknown, small fabric tag came from the $ store, and ink is Hero Arts versacolor pigment cube, and Versamagic chalk ink.

After embossing the giraffe, I distressed the edges of the ivory CS, matted it with pale green, and adhered it to the blue with pop dots from the $ store. I wanted to bring out the dot pattern from the BG paper, so I cut my own small circle out of some scraps of rubber, and used versamark to add circles to the light blue CS. The photos makes it hard to see, but they are more visable in real life.

Not having the ticket corner punch, I used a large hole punch to cut the corners of the bottom two CS mats, and doodled with my white gel pen on the creamy brown CS. The space at the bottom of the yellow CS is where the baby's name will be, but I didn't want it on for posting here. This card was inspired by this card at SCS.

The next card was made for that same co-worker's grandson!
Again using the SU set "Wild About You" and some SU cardstock (Marigold Morning, Whisper white). Plus some sentiment stamps from Purple Onion Designs. Michelle makes AWESOME stamps over there! I have quite a collection of her stuff.
PP is Chatterbox, rest of CS is unknown (scraps from my stash). Ink is Impress, Ranger archival and SU, and eyelets and number rub-on are MM.
I stamped the animal images on whisper white CS, cut them out by hand and used my corner rounder punch on them before matting them with colorful scraps that I also corner rounded. They are adhered using $ store pop dots to the PP. I popped out the lion's mane and the elephant's ear, used liquied applique on the giraffe's spots and will put google eyes on the alligator (the ones I had were too big). I doodled using my trusty black marker from ZIG, and my white gel pen. I hope these bright colors and fun animals appeal to her grandson!
This card was loosly inspired by this one at SCS.

3 comments:

InspiredByInk said...

GREAT cards! Glad you got those sets in time! LOVE THEM will have to case them... as soon as I get the set heheheh.

Also FAB looking calzone! Looks really tasty... I just didn't want to have to type in another verification word as I have a hard time with those. Gee... maybe I should go to bed! hehehe

~~bobbie

michelle sturgeon said...

Oh, I LOVE the second birthday card! (My fave set as I've mentioned before!) These colours are PERFECT for a child's birhday!

Allison Rankin said...

These are both terrific...I own this set so I think a CASE is in order!