June 22, 2007

CPS sketch challenge #18

I've really been enjoying the sketch challenges posted at CPS, but never seem to have time to do one! (I'm sure none of you know ANYTHING about not having enough time! *wink*)

A few days ago I attempted the newest one and was just not happy with the results. Then I began thinking that the reason I "card craft" in the first place is for my personal benefit. I get "alone time", I can let all this creative energy out, and I have my own space or sanctuary in which to do it. Paper crafting is very meditative to me. So why not post my "not-so-good creations too? Really, we are our own WORST critics, right? *grin*
SUPPLIES: PP by Scenic Route Paper Co., CS is Bazzill, Sentiment stamps is by Hampton Arts, Big flower stamps is by Fontwerkz, and the center little spikey flower is from papertreyink, Ribbon is SU, ink is SU and Ranger Archival, brad is Joann's, and I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the top section.
ETA: You know, now that I'm seeing it here in Blogger, I like it better! Maybe it was the lighting in my studio, maybe it was my mood, but now that I see the photo here, the card doesn't look as bad as I remembered it.

11 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Its me again, think this card is great, lover the embossing and the bakcground paper.

Jessica said...

Dana, i looove this card! We are our own worst critics, yes, but this card is awesome!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I like it.

You're right; we are our own worst critics! Try not to be so hard on yourself. I think you create beautiful things.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I REALLY like it, Dana! Just love those little spikey flowers. I've been wanting to do this sketch, but sadly haven't had time to stamp all week.

Julie Campbell said...

This is a 'bad' card?!? I think it looks pretty awesome! And... I'm usually pretty picky! :) I love how the center flower and the paper coordinate. Great colors, once again!

Laura said...

This is one of your not-so-good cards????? Goodness me... even my best ones don't look this good! *scream* :)

michelle sturgeon said...

What a great card! I love the sentiment!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Oh Dana you silly girl -this card is great!! I don't think I have ever seen you do a "not-so-good" creation!! The colors are great and it has a lot of dimension. Love the sentiment too!

mum-on-the-run said...

It's a great card!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Great texture here, love the colors too!

Anonymous said...

I love it. The colors are great-very summer solsticey (almost definitely a word I just made up)-and the sentiment says it all! You're the best. Love you.