June 26, 2007

Many thanks

*sigh* I didn't get a chance to get into my studio last night, so in searching for something to post I came across this card. I made it several months ago, using some stamps from one of my favorite companies (Scottish Borders Stamps), but was thoroughly dismayed at the finished product. I just wasn't happy with the LO, the colors I chose, etc. I relegated it to the "crap" pile and it was never supposed to see the light of day. BUT...I think it qualifies for Julee's sketch challenge for Blogger Bingo, so in the name of the game, I'm posting it here, today. *grin* (It's all about the GAME, right? Anything for another number!)SUPPLIES: Stamps by Scottish Borders Stamps, CS by Bazzill, and SU (craft), ribbon by Lil Davis, metal rimmed tag was found on the ground in a parking lot (I just covered up the original), ink is Versamagic and Versamark, Joann's white EP, Signo white gel pen.

7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Just want to let you know that I like the card. Love the idea of medallion in the circle.

Jessica said...

i like this one, Dana! What does the sentiment say? Is it Gaelic? And i love how you used a tag you found in the parking lot! i've been saving found objects for years and try to use them when i can. Also, how do you add a picture of yourself to your comments? i tried last night with no luck.

Jessica said...

Oh, after i typed the last comment, i saw the title of your post - "Many thanks" - guess that answered one of my questions! Sorry! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love those Scottish stamps and the stitching around the card. You always have the coolest stamps - now I'm off to check out Scottish Borders stamps!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

That celtic-looking, cross-like whatsit (I'm really good with words, as you can tell *snicker*) in the middle is really cool!

Your cards are inspiring. Seriously. I just ordered several new stamps, and I've been having a blast looking at all the stamp websites you link to.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...that knot looks familiar...just for the record, I really like this card. Nice design, nice colors, nice sentiment. Stop judging your own work, for Pete's sake, and let the rest of us do it for you!! LOL!

Jen said...

I am going to agree with Mary! Let us do the critique work...it's fun!!! John and I really like this card. He wanted to see what your new picture was and thought this card was wonderful. We both like the medallion. He is partial to the whole Celtic theme with his Scottish heritage, anyway. What else do you have in your "crap" pile? Can we see?