September 28, 2007

Laugh and Live more!


Do you ever have a great idea in mind but can't quite execute it onto paper? Well, this is one of those times. I know how I wanted this card to look...but it didn't! *chuckle*
I started with the CPS sketch for this week, and then dug out the main image I wanted to use and a piece of PP (7 Gypsies). I was having trouble deciding on colors and tried 3 or 4 different ones. This card was torn apart so many times last night, I think it might have identity issues! But I'm leaving it alone for now, because I DO like it...it's just not what I started out to create. Something about that blue book-plate is not right.
I love this main image stamp used here. I try to reserve it for special occasions so I don't get bored with it! It is from a sheet of UM rubber by PaperBag Studios, called "Laugh". I last used it here for a swap in February.
Sentiment is by TAC. All CS is Bazzill, Impress ink, Palette Hybrid ink and versamark were all used, ribbon is from my stash, button brads from MM, sponging, piercing, and my Sizzix were also used.

I'm wishing everyone a wonderful weekend, it's FRIDAY!

10 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

I love it! That stamp is awesome...

Alhambra Club said...

I like the blue, it pops from the red and black, that stamp is fantastic, love the card.

Marlou McAlees said...

Dana, this is absolutely gorgeous, you hit the jackpot, i love it!!!! that stamp has been on my "I have to have it list" for ages, so seeing this makes me want it now {lol} have an brilliant weekend xx

Andrea, said...

Wonderful that is a great stamp

Dawn said...

another wonderful card.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of the creative journey you took, the end result is awesome.

Rose Ann said...

This is so cool! Love that stamp and all of your color choices!

Ijsbeer said...

I love this!! What a wonderful card!

Em said...

Love this card, you make such original creations, you clever bunny!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Love it!! I love to see you use this stamp!! It is one of my favorites & on my wish list!!
Smiles!