September 10, 2007

Song stuck in my head again...

"Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you...Spooky!" Who sings that? It's been running around my head since I made this card on Saturday. HELP!This card is really simple and I enjoyed making it. I've been neglecting my Papertrey Ink Spooky Sweets stamp set ever since it arrived so this weekend I inked up all that virgin photopolymer!

I used my Kodak photo program to brighten this photo up and I don't like how it turned the black to grey, but now I can't undo it.
I used a scrap of PP from Heidi Grace--doesn't it fit PERFECTLY with the bats?! I was delighted to see the scallops in black and green on this paper, and that's what made me use the bat stamps and this color scheme. I attached the PP strip to some vanilla CS and pop-dotted it to the black Bazzill card base. The green scalloped oval and yellow oval are Bazzill also. Only ONE color ink, can you believe it?! My perfect black ink; Ranger Archival. I buy the super-large inkpad size in this and I always have 2 more in reserve unopened just in case!

I wanted to add something though...some metal or an embellishment of sorts. But I also didn't want to "over-power" the simplicity of the card, so I went with a sheer vanilla ribbon tied around the seam where I attached the papers. Perfect!

I love the Halloween holiday. From the Samhain festival to All Hallow's Eve we celebrate it all!When I was a kid we celebrated the Fall equinox by gathering pine cones and walnuts and pretty dried leaves to create a display in our front hall. I've tried to carry on this tradition with our kids by explaining about the end of harvest festivals that our ancestors celebrated. Samhain (pronounced Sow-in) is a festival that celebrates Nature's cycle of death and renewal, a time when the Celts acknowledged the beginning and ending of all things in life and nature. Samhain marked the end of harvest and the beginning of the New Celtic Year. Being that I have Welsh and Scottish ancestors, I like to carry on this traditional celebration. I also love to make elaborate costumes! *wink*

10 comments:

Jen said...

http://spikesmusic.spike-jamie.com/misc/pdf3/SPOOKY.pdf

Yeah, don't know how to add it as a link but copy/paste will work.

The Classics IV sang it. Took me a while to figure it, because many have done their own version, including David Cassidy.

I love the card. Sorry that your editing program washed it out a bit. It still looks good to me.

Mary Maruscak said...

This card is great. I like the black and green together and the bats are cool...
Santana also has a version of that song that I (for some reason) remember from my childhood-maybe because its a really rockin version!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, love that shade of green with the black card base, and the sketch, great.

Heidi Blankenship said...

Great Halloween card!! Love the color combo! We love Halloween at our house too!!

BTW I'm glad you got the swap and you like them! Also I just posted cards from this weekend.

Hope you have a great week!!

Bethany Paull said...

Great job! I love this "simple" style. The wide border and minimal embellishments word so well!

Julie Campbell said...

Aren't you just a fun little character. :) You always have something interesting to read about! You're so unique! I bet your house is a lot of fun! I LOVE the card! The paper does look just like wings! How awesome is that?!?

Alli Miles said...

Just LOVE your card and had to laugh at you singing in the beginning. I find that happens to me a lot when I am posting something.

Fruity said...

Nice spooky card. Do you all cut those pumpkin with those spooky smile too.. :)

Risa said...

Great card Dana....I love the simplicity of it also!...uh oh I think that song is trying to get into my head also.:)

Anonymous said...

This card is darn yummy!!! So nice! LOVE the colors!