July 27, 2007

In the mood...

...for simple and quick. I just haven't felt like creating anything elaborate lately. I'm liking the fast, but effective card. Hmmm, could this have something to do with needing to be in three places at once whenever I get a free moment? *grin*
Now, normally, I'm one to just ignore the dirty dishes and the piles of laundry (Why, oh why, did NO ONE tell me about the incredible amounts of laundry once you add 2 little beings to your household?). Seriously, I have been known to hole up in my studio working on one card for hours and blatantly ignoring the pleas outside the door for "Mommy make lunch now", and "My tummy's hungry!"
But lately I'm back on the bandwagon and getting things done...just not cards! So this simple card fit the bill last night when I had about 20 minutes of "me" time.

I colored the clear viney stamps (Autumn Leaves) with markers, stamped them on some whisper white CS, added a sentiment from Verve Visual, matted it with some lavender CS from Bazzill, added a piece of HUGE lime green twill (I bought a set of pillows from K-mart 2 years ago, and they were tied up with this stuff) and pop-dotted the whole thing onto a dark purple Bazzill cardbase. I thought it looked a bit too blahh, so I pierced some holes around the raised piece and added some along the bottom of the ribbon.
Oh, and peeps, please don't report me to Child Protection Services, I promise my children are not starving for the artistic cause!

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is a fantastic card, love your quick and simple.

Lynda said...

You are so funny Dana! I am in awe of so many ladies that have 2, 3, 4 kids and they do ALL of the challenges and create BEAUTIFUL things! How do they do it??? It takes me 12 hours to do 1 card for goodness sake! When I get a lot of stamping done, that means my house is a mess (I can't, although I try, ignore my kids. I must have ADD because if they are talking to me, I can't concentrate!).

Just by looking at your photos and reading what you write about your kids, obviously, they are not neglected!! My kids think they are neglected when I try to squeeze in a little time for me!!!

BTW, your card is beautiful! The piercing adds just the right touch. Don't you love it when you can do a card in a few minutes and actually like it????

Have a great day!

Lynda

Corie said...

Very pretty and elegant. Love it

Mary Maruscak said...

Awesome. I love your simple cards. And I can testify in your trial that I have seen your children eat. Don't worry.

Risa said...

This card is beautiful Dana!

Julie Campbell said...

I am SO calling CPS on you! Ahh... just kidding! Actually I laughed because I have definitely been there way too often lately! I have 2 myself and I was just lecturing myself yesterday that I need to clean more and play more. And 'play' meaning with my kids and not with my stamps. Anyway- thanks for the story. I love your card. The bright ribbon and the sentiment go perfectly together. I'm really happy I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago. You're one of my fav's!

Jessica said...

i really like this, and i have the same stamp set, so can you say C.A.S.E.? :) i'm another that lets the laundry go by the wayside. Children = never-ending mountains of laundry. As long as Zach has something clean to wear, i figure i'm good for another day! ;)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the colors!