July 16, 2007

My tirade on the new USPS rates!

Is anyone else as confused as I am about the new postal rates here in the US? They are driving me nuts! Not to mention, it seems like things are taking SOO much longer to arrive at their destination, even with the added postage! Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake, but I can't figure them out to save my life.

So, in response to my frustrations, I decided to stamp!

The LO is from a sketch at Lauren's blog. I grabbed my little used Elvis stamp and dug through a few bags of UMs to find one of my two Elvis sentiments. I was looking for this one specifically because I knew it was about mail. Then I found a scrap of this 7 Gypsies PP and realized how PERFECT it was to use with my Elvis stamp! It has the titles of love songs in red, so I knew it would match my singing Elvis.

I pierced a rectangle around the stamped Elvis to perforate it, so that when I ripped it, it would look like the edges of a stamp. It didn't work very well, but I went with it anyway. I outlined the piece with a gold paint pen, and stamped the number in the corner to finish it off. Then I embossed some red DCWV CS using the tiny bubbles Cuttlebug folder. Some ribbon, some faux gel pen eyelets and it was done!

The stamps are all from Viva Las Vegas Stamps. I was at a rubberstamping convention in Vegas in April of 06, and spent a lot of time in that store!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and I hope I haven't offended any of you Elvis fans out there!

5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

OMG, this card is fantastic, love the colors and that sentiment is AWESOME, Love it.

Corie said...

This is so GREAT -- love it. you are so creative.

Jan Scholl said...

OMG! I Love this. Did the stamp store have any other rockers? I need one of the Bee Gees for my son-born in disco and still loves it.I love the feathered stamp edge-sometimes what we see as mistakes are actually better!

I hate the PO and rarely use it anymore. I still have some 29 centers I keep having to buy upgrades for. I send gc instead of the actual gifts via email and all my bills are electronic.

Anonymous said...

Way to send a message! I LOVE the Elvis stamp!! hehehe! And the red background is a nice contrast...great job!!

Julie S. said...

OMG!!! This card ROCKS! Don't you just LOVE serendipity... when all the elements come together so perfectly! And only YOU can do this, because you just had all the right stuff and vision and made it happen. You do know how to put things together, yup, you do.