July 06, 2007

King Tutankhamen

I honestly have so many stamps I rarely get around to using. So I dragged some of them off my shelf last night, and started playing. This is the result!

A few days ago I was perusing my National Geographic magazine collection and read a great article on King Tut. Did you know that he died from a broken leg that got gangrene? And he was only about 19! I was thinking about that article when I saw my "culture" stamp section and all of my Egyptian stamps. The stamps used on this card were given to me by my friend Lisa, so I'm not sure of the manufacturer, although I think the Sphinx and pyramid one came from Leavenworth Jackson. The large King Tut came from Stamp Francisco.

I highlighted some areas of the main image with a gold leaf paint pen from Krylon. It doesn't show up very shiny in this photo, but it looks really great IRL. SUPPLIES: PP by Autumn Leaves (Stripes) and Basic Grey (mustard), main image stamps is Stamp Francisco, other is Leavenworth Jackson, CS is DCWV and Bazzill, ink is Ranger Archival, black cording from my stash, the only 2 gold eyelets I could find are from my OLD old stash, photo corner from 3M.

We're going camping this weekend, so no posts until Monday. (What are we thinking taking a 2 1/2 year old tent camping?!?!?!) Our 8 year old is very excited, he's never been camping before *gasp*. Being adoptive parents is strange...you find things out about your children as you go, instead of already knowing. Our little guy has been toilet trained since he was 2, so at least I don't have to drag diapers along and bring them home full! I'm thankful for small blessings. I hope everyone has a restful, relaxing weekend, see you Monday.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, Dana! I had to laugh! Looks like the brothers still think alike! The M's are going camping this weekend, too. Granted, they are going with the scouts but it's still camping! Have fun! I know I enjoyed it when your DH and I went camping with the family when we were kids. Sometime you need to ask Mom about going camping with E. as a toddler! LOL!

Jessica said...

This card rocks! i love the highlighting in gold you did, very nice.
Hope you have fun camping! We first took Zach when he was 3 months old! He mostly stayed in his swing and had a blast. Enjoy your weekend!

michelle sturgeon said...

Wow, what an awesome card!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

This is a great card and great use of those older stamps. I love seeing posts where people use different stamps.

Corie said...

Wow this card is just strikingly beautiful

Alhambra Club said...

This card is awesome, love it and the gold color.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What an awesome card! Love those stamps. Funny to think people used to die from broken legs.