January 11, 2008

christmas reject

I'm not a Christmas card maker. I don't send them at all, and they don't seem to come naturally to me, so in trying to design a lot of Christmas cards for my stamping class in December, I "trashed" quite a few. This is one of the rejected ones.
I thought I'd share it with you in the spirit of "See what dorky cards I create sometimes!" My plan was to double stamped the branch to make it pop out and give it a shadow, however, as you can see from the larger photo, it just looks blurry.
I did like the color palette, (grey, red, black, white) and the red of the cardinal matched the twill ribbon perfectly although it doesn't seem to in the photo. The white pigment ink was a bit too juicy, so I tried to emboss it to make it less so, but that didn't work either! All in all, this IS a reject!
Anyway, stamps are by Inkadinkado (SILHOUETTES Clear Stamp Set). Paper is by SU!, ribbon from Joanns, buttons from Joanns, ink by Ranger, SU! and Palette Hybrid.

2 comments:

Em said...

So sorry to read of your loss Dana (hugs).

Am loving all the cards you've been making lately, you are one clever bunny.

And if that is your idea of a reject - well, there is flipping hope for me yet then LOL!

Fran M said...

I really like this card - it was just your techniques and ink pad. The design is really cute.