January 08, 2008

Natalie Cole is running through my head...

This always happens to me. *goofy grin* I'll be happily stamping away and then all of a sudden the sentiment will make me start singing a song from the past! Without even realizing it, my brain will pick up on old song lyrics that I didn't even know I knew! For instance, "Miss you like Crazy" by Natalie Cole...this was a hit in like 1989 or something...I was 12. How on earth did I retain the words to a song I probably haven't even HEARD since I was 12???? The human mind amazes me.I whipped this up quickly last night for a friend who moved even further away than she was before. I stamped the poppy (SU!) in black archival and used a blender pen to color it in. The sentiment is from the Heartfelt Phrases set that Verve Visual released in December. The pink CS (SU!) matches the ribbon perfectly, although it doesn't seem to in this photo, and the base is made from Bazzill textured CS.
In personal news, my brother-in-law passed away on January 2nd, and I miss him too. My sister and my niece seem to holding up well, but John was only 58...too young. Cystic Fibrosis. He worked at Nazareth College in NY for 33 years, and so many of his co-workers were at his memorial service. It was the first time I've ever stood in a receiving line at something like that, and the line went on FOREVER. I actually had to leave before everyone had come through to speak their condolences. My sister is 30 years older than me, and folks just kept saying, "You're Janet's sister?"
So I don't end on a sad note though, I can't wait till I can show you the samples I worked up for the new Verve Visual release on Thursday! I'm so excited!

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is so lovely and that ribbon is fantastic. I am so sorry to hear about your BIL, your sister and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Risa said...

I love your card Dana!
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law and welcome back!
malieta:)

Marlou McAlees said...

Hi dana, I am very sorry about the loss of your brother in law, very sad news for your family.
Your card is so so beautiful and the ribbon is stunning xx

Julie Campbell said...

Oh my gosh! Now I can't get that song out of my head!

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card, Dana. So sorry to hear about your BIL's passing. My heart goes out to you and your family. One of these days they're going to find a cure for these nasty diseases. Hugs!

Jen said...

Oh, Dana...

Mary Maruscak said...

Love this card...nice and simple, and so pretty. Natalie Cole would be very proud of you.
As for the personal stuff, please call me if you need to chat. I love you.