January 30, 2008

Pop-up Surprise box

Man O man, the power has been out here since last night and so my office was closed today and so was the ski resort where my youngest attends daycare. It just came on at 10:15 am! All I could think about was not being able to post to my blog! *chuckle* I guess I know where my priorities are!
Today I posted a really cute pop-up box over at the Verve Visual Blog that I made a few weeks ago. I found the directions to construct it here. After scoring and cutting the template, I stamped and embossed some hearts on it.

Then I made a front piece and after constructing the box, covered the attached lid with ribbon.
Isn't it cute? Wait till you see how it opens! This is my favorite part!











The lid is attached, so it won't fall off or get lost. You just lift up and the center opens and you can see your goodies! I filled this one with some fun pink embellishments for my best friend for St. Valentine's Day.
This little box is not difficult to make at all, and it's perfect for teacher's gifts, or family and friends. All stamps from the clear Wild Thing set by Verve Visual.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute box. Traci

Alhambra Club said...

this is adorable.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Dana, I just LOVE this! I saw it on the Verve blog. . .just awesome! So creative!

Marlou McAlees said...

ooooh this is gorgeous Dana!!! :) x

scrappa jack said...

very cool love it

Risa said...

Your Pop-up box is awesome Dana!
malieta:)

Lynda said...

Great box Dana! I love it and it looks so easy although if anyone can make something simple and make it difficult, that would be me!!! LOL!! Great job!

~Lynda

Mary Maruscak said...

I love this! I might try to work up a couple of these! What a great idea for Valentines!

michelle sturgeon said...

VERY cool! I LOVE the embossed hearts!

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Dana,

This box is just amazing! Awesome job! :) I saw a box like this at Christmas that a candle came in and I knew I wanted to try making one...thanks for showing us the directions... now I don't have to break the box down and ruin it to try to figure it out! lol :)

I just discovered your blog and I'm enjoying checking it out, you do fabulous work! :) Have a great weekend! :)

Hugs,
Julie
in Halifax, Nova Scotia
www.mutchtostamp.blogspot.com