January 06, 2008

Shine On (you crazy diamond)

Well. How serendipitous it is that my last post was November 6th? Today is January 6th! A whole 2 months off from blogging. Seems strange. So much has happened. I'll play catch up later, I promise.

Isn't this card fun? It's a sneak peak! I used some new Verve Visual stamps that will be releasing on January 10th. FIVE new stamp sets will be releasing and they are all CLEAR!!!! They give really good impressions too, I'm talking high-quality photopolymer here! I cannot be happier.

I based this card on one I made last February for St. Valentine's Day. I just love the LO.
For stamps, I used at least one stamp from each of three different sets that will be released on January 10th. (ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS TO GO!) I'll even let you in on what these three sets are called, *wink*; Swirly Stars, Polka Stars, and Seeing Stars. Don't the names just make you want them?! *Sigh* I love stars. If you couldn't tell from the quote I have at the top of my blog under my banner!

I also used a pair of decorative edge scissors that I've had for longer than I've been stamping! I guess there's a first time for everything. Oh, wanna know a secret? I didn't have silver star brads, so I used white eyelets and painted them silver with a Krylon leafing pen! Worked like a charm too! And although you can't tell from this photo, the sentiment is embossed in silver also.

I'm glad to be back to posting and stamping...I've missed you all!
Happy New Year.

15 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

We've missed you too!! I love this card...you rock, girl!

Pegg S said...

Happy New Year! I was *just* wondering where you were! :) Missed seeing your beautiful cards!!

Dee Jackson said...

Hi Dana!! So good to see you back!!I totally love this card!! The colors really pop:)
Dee

Alhambra Club said...

Good to see you back, Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family. Love this card and it is a great layout.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

A star-studded beauty! Love this card, the layout, the colors...everything. So glad you're back in the stamp room. We missed ya!

Anonymous said...

I adore those colors ... just stunning.

Jessica said...

i was wondering where you've been, although i've been MIA for awhile, too... i love this card! Very nice! Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday! :)

Julie Campbell said...

Dana! You're back!!! And what a fabulous card to make your entrance back into the blog world! :) I've missed all of your talent!

Eleanor said...

Welcome back! Love the colors on your card.

Marlou McAlees said...

welcome back Dana!! I have checked in on you regularly for the 2 months, so delighted you are back and what a gorgeous card to start back with, happy new year xx

Nikki Bond said...

Happy New year! Your card looks great! Those colors go so well together! {SMILES}

Heidi Blankenship said...

Dana!! OMGosh I am so excited to see you back!! I have missed you & seeing your beautiful creations sooooo much!! I LOVE your card!! Love the stamps & the colors you used! Happy New Year!!
Smiles!
Heidi

Mary Maruscak said...

YAY! So glad you're back to posting!! Just can't get myself motivated, too much else going on, but I love looking at your stuff! This card is beautiful!! I love the colors and the sentiment, and the design on the stars is so pretty! YAY!

Nancy Riley said...

BRILLIANT card design! Unusual but very appealing color combo ... LOVE it! WOW WOW WOW !!!!!

Risa said...

This is a beautiful card Dana!
malieta:)