August 27, 2009

Little bunny foofoo, hopping through the forest...

...scooping up the field mice and boppin'em on the head!
What a horrible song...it popped into my head while I was making this card though, so I had to share it with you. *evil grin* It's like when the soymilk is bad, and you make your husband try it too just to make sure! hee hee share the yuckies, right?
I made this card for a friend who doesn't know the sex of her baby and was trying to avoid the whole pink vs. blue thing. I usually go with a rusty orange and some yellow in these types of instances, but thought maybe I'd give purple a shot this go 'round.
Although the Lavender Moon color looks pinkish, I still think it works, because the Ocean Tides color tempers it. PTI's Bitty Baby Blessings was used for this card. I love this set, it's so versatile and I like being about to paper piece the outlined images.



After paper piecing the bunnies on some PP (maybe from the Fairytale line by DCWV?), I added lavender ears and white tails, then glued them randomly onto a piece of Plum Pudding. When I cut it out I decided to allow one of the bunnies to hang over before matting it with the ocean tides and adhering it to the plum card base. I sewed the buttons on the ocean tides ribbon, and added a white border for interest. End with a sentiment and call it done! I think she'll like it.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute! I love all the little bunnies!

B said...

Aaahck! Now I have that song in my head! :) Love the fun purple paper pieced bunnies! Too cute!

BethieJ said...

SOOO CUTE! and I too now have that song in my head! LOL!! :)

Taheerah said...

Very funky baby card Dana, that baby is going to be born into *style*! Love the paper piecing for the rabbits, very cute!

Aimes said...

I'm not a purple kinda gal but this really works with the ocean tides, you've defnitely changed my mind about purple!
Very cute and totally original to use this colour combo!
Aimes
x

masha minaeva said...

Color combo is realy pretty&soft!