February 15, 2007

St. Valentine's Day!

Happy belated St. Valentine's Day! We had our first snow day of the year yesterday. All 4 of us stayed home. No school, work, nor daycare! Mother Nature dropped another 2 feet on top of our previously received 18 inches.









Here are the quick valentine cards I made the kids at midnight yesterday. Inside I stamped the "Wild About You!" sentiment from the SU set of the same name. That's also where the elephant, giraffe, and flower images came from. Ribbon is Offray, ink is Versacolor and Versamagic, small deckle edged notecard came from the $ tree 2 years ago.
I also placed a small tin pail of goodies on the breakfast table for each of them.
They were both delighted! The older one keep hugging me and saying "Thank you, thank you! I love you too!" It's sometimes sad to see how excited he becomes with small displays of affection...knowing he never received them before in his 7 years on earth. He sat right down after breakfast and made my husband and I an elaborate valentine using the new punches I'd bought him at Target's $ spot, some markers and lots of love. He wrote: "I will love you forever" on it. Made both my husband and I tear up.
Here's the not-so-quick card I made my husband. I found it in Papercrafts Magazine and realized it was perfect because I've had this PP for a while and have really been afraid to cut into it! You know what I mean *wink*.
I will edit this post later to include product and supply info.

I made everyone pink heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast.
I generally avoid all food dyes, especially for the kids, but I figured this was a special occasion! I will say they were well received. I included heart-shaped apple slices along side, and pink soy-milk!

Our older foster son wanted to know if we could have "pink milk" everyday! There's just something about color that makes it taste better? *grin*

We had vegetarian "beef" stew for dinner, with home-made herb bread and red berry strudel for dessert. Here's a photo of my stew while it was cooking.
It wasn't so pretty by the time it was done, lots of color loss, but BOY did it smell and taste fantastic! I guess all the celery is at the bottom, but it and the rosemary I tossed in gave another color to the whole pot.
I hope everyone had a good day, with not too much snow and lots of love.









No comments: