February 05, 2007

Brrrrrrrrr

It is quite cold here in upstate New York this morning. - 1, with a wind chill of -25! School is closed because of the ice on the roads. We live in such a rural area of the valley, the buses need semi-clear roads to gather all the children.

I woke early again and felt like working in my studio, so I popped out this quick tag based on a design I saw in Papercrafts Magazine.

PP by Creative Impulse, yellow CS by Bazzill, SU whisper white and cool caribbean CS, Chalk ink by Colorbox and Versamagic, brads and rub-ons by MM, ribbon by offray.

The original used a sailboat embellishment sticker by Doodlebug, but not having it, I just made my own by cutting some shapes out of CS, and layering them on a circle I stamped with chalk ink. I then punched it out using my Marvy mega circle punch and inked the edges, before adhering it with pop dots. I doodled on the boat a bit using my white gel pen. I have another one in mind using different colors and a duck instead of a sailboat, so if I get to it tonight, I'll post it also.

No comments: